Texans and Laremy Tunsil agree 3 years $66M, 50 gtd.

.Buzz

1 minute ago, soflbillsfan said:

haha I feel like discussion went down like this Tunsil's agent we want 15-17 mil a year over 6 years. BoB response nah 3 years 22 mil a year is what you want

I feel like Tunsil wants to get paid again in three years its as easy as that. He also wants to see where we are.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Drained said:

I feel like Tunsil wants to get paid again in three years its as easy as that. He also wants to see where we are.

well when you hand 22 mil to an OT a year of course you can go with a shorter contract and get paid again on a longer one at that time. Lane Johnson is getting the highest AVG at 18 mil last offseason, you trying to tell me that the value increased over 25% in a years time? The top 5 are around 16-17 mil. I just dont see why BoB had to go that high it wasnt necessary, now this is going to effect other organizations including my bills when it comes to negotiating with LT position

Edited by soflbillsfan

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

Do you think that there's an understood "BOB provision" between agents and GMs wherein neither side, whether it be GM / GM or GM / agent, can use anything that BOB does as support for their own position? 

it looks like tunsil was the one who negotiated with o brien.  lol

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Drained said:

We knew Tunsil was driving a hard bargain but that is a lot I am completely baffled. I kind of see why we traded DHop now, he seriously meant it when he said we have no money

I simply think he doesn't know how to negotiate in these situations. He thinks it's an auction...

Agent: Ok, so we'll go $18mm/per...

BoB: No, $18.5!

Agent: Um...ok, how about $18.75?

BoB: $19.5 and a new car!

Agent: Hmm...I don't know...can we do $20, even?

BoB: **** you, $21 for three years or get the hell out of my office!

Agent: Ok, I'm not in your office though, social distancing...

BoB: $22/yr for three years!!!

Agent: Ok, ok! You win, send me the contract...

BoB (disconnected from Zoom): I'm so ****** good at my job.

• Like 19

Just now, oakdb36 said:

Easiest negotiation ever. Give me whatever i want since you have no choice.

yeah im definitely certain that's how it went.  i can see several other Texans players that will soon to be free agents do the same.  they will try to fleece o brien and if it doesn't work they will use their leverage to leave on the open market. lol

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Drained said:

Tunsil (and his agent) won the lottery when the Texans made that trade for him. Unbelievable. That much per year... only 3 years too, so he'll cash in again.

Only question is... will BoB be around to give him another extension? As a Titans fan, I sure hope so.