I'm an idiot

MemphisEagles

I benched Jordan Howard because all the experts said if he did play he would have a limited role. He had 28 points on my bench if that makes you feel any better.

I also benched Charles Clay for Jack Doyle last min. Clay had 13 points and Doyle had -.4 somehow. This was a rough week for the decision making.

Essentially I cost myself 36 points for 2 bad impulse last min. decisions.

Picked up Jay Cutler to start over Mariota this week (though this looked a lot worse before the Dolphins garbage time drive and touchdown in the final seconds).

Doubled down on Dolphins and started Jarvis Landry over T.Y. Hilton and Sammy Watkins.

Decided that the Ravens defense would be a good pick up for this week.

All of those in my money league. Thank God for Kareem Hunt.

1 hour ago, titans0021 said:

Picked up Jay Cutler to start over Mariota this week (though this looked a lot worse before the Dolphins garbage time drive and touchdown in the final seconds).

Doubled down on Dolphins and started Jarvis Landry over T.Y. Hilton and Sammy Watkins.

Decided that the Ravens defense would be a good pick up for this week.

All of those in my money league. Thank God for Kareem Hunt.

I benched Brandin Cooks, Sammy Watkins, and DeVante Parker for Keenan Allen and Dez Bryant. We'll see if Dez makes me look as dumb as Allen did. The good news is that I ended up being fine because my HBs are Todd Gurley, Kareem Hunt, and Ezekiel Elliott. They tend to give me a lot of margin for error haha.

8 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

I benched Jordan Howard because all the experts said if he did play he would have a limited role. He had 28 points on my bench if that makes you feel any better.

I also benched Charles Clay for Jack Doyle last min. Clay had 13 points and Doyle had -.4 somehow. This was a rough week for the decision making.

I also benched Howard, for Cohen though. I benched Diggs for Golladay. I also started Kelvin Benjamin. I've never not made the playoffs and I might be the worst team in the league this year.

Oh God, where to start this week. 

I have 4 leagues so here are some of the players on my bench.

DeMarco Murray 

Russell Wilson

Duke Johnson

LeGarrett Blount

Tyreek Hill

Players I started

Eagles D

Carson Wentz

Isaiah Crowell

Tyrell Williams 

I went 1-3 This week and lost by 100 points in one league 

12 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

I made the same move with Jordan Howard.. It likely has cost me the game. I'm down 20 with Zeke left to play tonight. Of course, it didn't help that I started Rivers over Mariota this week either.

6 hours ago, Forge said:

I made the same move with Jordan Howard.. It likely has cost me the game. I'm down 20 with Zeke left to play tonight. Of course, it didn't help that I started Rivers over Mariota this week either.

Haha right on. Im in the opposite situation. I am UP 20 (Thanks to Gurley and Tyreke) and the guy Im playing HAS Elliott playing tonight. Thats funny lol

5 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Did the same with Derrick Henry/Demarco Murray

Also dropped the Jaguars DST for the Ravens lol

I was so stoked when I saw that my opponent had the Ravens. Then I saw Case Keenum was starting for the Vikings, and I immediately cut my streaming defense for this week, which was Pittsburgh, to grab the Bucs. On the bright side, my defense still outscored his....of course it was -5 against -4, meanwhile the Steelers put up 10 on the bears. So that was a 14 point difference. So for those keeping tabs at home, this was my strategy this week: Take Jordan Howard out of my flex spot, replace with Terrell Pryor. Difference, 27.5 points. Drop Pitt D, replace with TB D. Difference, 14 points. Sit Mariota for Rivers. Difference: 21 points. That's 62.5 points I left on the bench. The highest scorer on his bench was 14 points and was his back up quarterback...nobody else on his team scored more than 3.5. I should have annihilated him, and instead am down by 20 and likely to lose.

Basically, this week in fantasy football was eerily similar to my early 20's and filled with nothing but horrifically bad choices.

Archived