Teach Me How to Dougie: Patriots select Kyle Dugger with 37th pick

DoleINGout

Caserio and BB were infatuated with this guy, according to our beat writer Perry. Caserio said Dugger looked like a man against boys in Div 2, and it even translated at the senior bowl where he looked awesome. Loved his 99th percentile testing.

7 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Caserio and BB were infatuated with this guy, according to our beat writer Perry. Caserio said Dugger looked like a man against boys in Div 2, and it even translated at the senior bowl where he looked awesome. Loved his 99th percentile testing.

You know how they say don't draft based on the NFL Combine numbers?

Lol, yeah...

Ok, went back and watched tape on Duggers.  Here what I see.

•  Will play SS or LB. Flipped based on team and down/distance.
  •   Hard hitter, can really lower the boom.
  •  Very tight in hips,  I'm not sure he can play FS.
  • Forget about this great punt returner. He won't have the same results when the talent is equal. Tape looked like he playing 6th graders, there no 6th G in the NFL.

IMO This kid will play (starting) at the next level and that's all you can asked for from a draft choice. He's no scrub, like Trevon Wilson. He can return punts however reading up on him a watching tape you can forget the next " Devin Hester" hype. Matter of fact he might never see the ST field if one of the UDFA  make the team. Especially JJ Taylor, Sean Riley :D

Edited by m haynes

1 hour ago, m haynes said:

Ok, went back and watched tape on Duggers.  Here what I see.

•  Will play SS or LB. Flipped based on team and down/distance.
  •   Hard hitter, can really lower the boom.
  •  Very tight in hips,  I'm not sure he can play FS.
  • Forget about this great punt returner. He won't have the same results when the talent is equal. Tape looked like he playing 6th graders, there no 6th G in the NFL.

IMO This kid will play (starting) at the next level and that's all you can asked for from a draft choice. He's no scrub, like Trevon Wilson. He can return punts however reading up on him a watching tape you can forget the next " Devin Hester" hype. Matter of fact he might never see the ST field if one of the UDFA  make the team. Especially JJ Taylor, Sean Riley :D

Did his 99th percentile athleticism stand out at all? Supposed to be an alien of an athlete.

1 hour ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Did his 99th percentile athleticism stand out at all? Supposed to be an alien of an athlete.

No,  I looked for  some additional info on You Tube and came up with this tape. This actual game tape.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZqlA6uUyr0

Now I have major concerns if this is the way he plays in DIV 2.  My stomach was kicking watching this. They are playing in slow motion compare the NFL. He has no technique and he is sloppy as heck. His awareness is a major concern, you see several times, him playing the (WR) man and not have a clue that a play is a run or in the other direction. I couldn't believe how he would would be turned 360 by WR or was he that lazy due to the lower competition.

I'm am convinced that he will not have any shot at playing FS. It's pretty dipressing if he doesn't see the field next year when picking him so early in the draft.

Look I'm trying to get on board with the pick however can any one watch this tape and not be concerned ????

Edited by m haynes

Three things I hate hearing when you draft a player.

1. Football is not my life, its a job.

2. Small school

3. Blew up the board after the (numbers) Combine

Edited by m haynes

• 2 years later...