Doug Marrone and his future with the Jaguars

.Buzz

Genuinely curious to see how the fanbase feels about Doug Marrone as the Head Coach of the Jaguars. There was a lot of people that weren't in love with the idea of keeping a coach that was on the previous staff with Gus Bradley and understandably wanted fresh, new blood that hasn't been in this organization or had anything to do with this past regime.

Through 5 games as a HC (2 games as an interim), he is 3-2, he has for the most part got this team to being very competitive outside of one of those games.

So, do you think Marrone can be the HC for this team long-term or would you like to move on ASAP?

Mike Kaye seems to approve of the job he's done thus far.

Personally, I like Marrone. it's still early and maybe that will change, but through his first 5 games with this team we have been largely competitive and have two games where we blew out our opponents, something this organization isn't exactly used to.

I can totally understand the viewpoints from those of you who want nothing to do with the Gus Bradley era, but Marrone just has a completely different personality and views of how to run a team that makes it so it's a moot point in my opinion. This organization is being ran completely different than with Gus Bradley and it's shown since he took over last season after Gus was relieved of his duties. 

Obviously we'll have to see how the rest of the season goes, but if we continue being competitive and Marrone/Hackett are able to keep Bortles playing like he has the final two weeks of last season and Wk 1 and 3 so far this season (which is honestly damn impressive considering where Blake was up until Marrone took over last season) than I think that speaks volumes.

idk.  It's 3 games in.

I like what he's done with the team when things went out way.  I really hated what he did with the team when some adversity hit and they crumbled pathetically.  Let's see if the pattern continues and we get an embarrassing blowout loss next and then go from there i guess.

5 hours ago, Tugboat said:

idk.  It's 3 games in.

I like what he's done with the team when things went out way.  I really hated what he did with the team when some adversity hit and they crumbled pathetically.  Let's see if the pattern continues and we get an embarrassing blowout loss next and then go from there i guess.

This is more so a thread to discuss Marrone the rest of the way. I've just seen a few posts saying how they want him out after one year/we need a new coaching staff for next year, etc. Curious how everyone feels on him at the helm.

Archived