Doug Marrone and his future with the Jaguars

.Buzz

4 hours ago, iPwn said:

I know a lot might not want to hear it, but it seems like Keenan has done a horrendous job with the receivers too.

I cant blame the coach when his players can't catch.  Catching shouldn't be a part of a coaches job at this level unless the player was say a qb moving to wr. 

25 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

I cant blame the coach when his players can't catch.  Catching shouldn't be a part of a coaches job at this level unless the player was say a qb moving to wr. 

Everything related to a player being good should be a part of a coach’s job.

The entire unit has gotten significantly worse at catching since Sullivan’s departure.

16 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

Hurns, lee, robinson had 12 drops per sporting charts. 

12 drops combined between the three of them. Lee is on pace to beat that by himself. The trio is on pace for 16 this year with one third of the group spending the entire season on IR. 

3 minutes ago, iPwn said:

12 drops combined between the three of them. Lee is on pace to beat that by himself.

pace means nothing nada.  if you wanna do Pace then the jags defense this year is like the 85 bears, and other all-time great ds. its a very good D but its not Legendary till the end of the season. 

Just now, LinderFournette said:

pace means nothing nada.  if you wanna do Pace then the jags defense this year is like the 85 bears, and other all-time great ds. its a very good D but its not Legendary till the end of the season. 

Then why are you even having this discussion? If the current play rate isn’t applicable, then there’s no reason for you to discuss the current rate of play.

Just now, LinderFournette said:

maybe its Because they cant seperate from top 2 corners.  Lee is clearly overmatched as a #1 and Hurns is Inconsistent as hes always been.

Route running and getting separation are two different things.

4 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

you run routes to get Seperation and clearly both have been overmatched. 

I’m sorry, but you don’t get “overmatched” in how you break out of the top of a route. Your plant and drive inside doesn’t get overmatched. The corner facing you doesn’t make the precision with which you run an untouched route different.

3 minutes ago, iPwn said:

Also - since “pace” isn’t allowed, Lee already has more drops this season than he has last season.

more drops because hes being targetted more then last year against Better corners.  Last year he was dropping 2.9% of his passes. this year hes doing 13.3 but hes being essentially the heavy target for Bortles who throws more ducks then tebow. so yes his hands have regressed some but you have to consider that some of the passes were knocked out of his hands.  

like i said a Player should be responsible for catching the ball and for w.e reason Lee hasnt worked on that skill.

so heres the Drop % for Lee for his entire career by year. 

2014: 7.4%

2015: 9.4%

2016: 2.9%

2017: 13.3%

to me his 2016 is a Clear Outlier in his Catching ability. 

7 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

more drops because hes being targetted more then last year against Better corners

drops don’t get counted when a corner makes a play on the ball or receiver, so that doesn’t matter.

8 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

to me his 2016 is a Clear Outlier in his Catching ability. 

So 2016 was “hot garbage” because of drops, but now it’s a statistical outlier because it was too good? Lol ok

Just now, iPwn said:

drops don’t get counted when a corner makes a play on the ball or receiver, so that doesn’t matter.

So 2016 was “hot garbage” because of drops, but now it’s a statistical outlier because it was too good? Lol ok

SO your saying the Shaughnessy int/Fumble isnt a drop?

i wanna see the Stat for how many targets were intended for lee but were picked off. 

i recall several i think. that would be hot garbage cuz Bad route-running + Bad QB Play = INT

Archived