2nd Round (43rd overall) - TE Cole Kmet, Notre Dame | Bears 2020 Draft

RJ_11

5 minutes ago, RJ_11 said:

This just shows how huge TE is to our offense. I wanted OL/CB/WR tonight, but if this guy is THE guy that makes the TE position click then it'll be worth it.

What's awesome is he's a local kid who grew up a Bears fan.

Who cares? He could be from Pluto for all I care. Did anyone care where Urlacher, Hester or Singletary were from?

Being a fan of this organization blows.

1 minute ago, beardown3231 said:

Who cares? He could be from Pluto for all I care. Did anyone care where Urlacher, Hester or Singletary were from?

Being a fan of this organization blows.

I'm not saying that's gonna make him good or bad, or it had ANYTHING to do with the pick. It's just a cool little side thing for him as a boyhood Bears fan that his team have just drafted him.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

All I see on film is a less physical Kyle Rudolph...this guy needs to get stronger to do what we are going to ask him to do.

He's extremely stiff. He's Adam Shaheen minus the racist tweets.

Edited by G08

Just now, Madmike90 said:

All I see on film is a less physical Kyle Rudolph...this guy needs to get stronger to do what we are going to ask him to do.

I don't even think he needs to do that. He can still be a good redzone threat as it stands. Injuries are a bit of a concern though.

18 minutes ago, G08 said:

Pace ******* overvalues character. It's starting to piss me off.

Look at Trubisky... just because you're a "good dude" and a "hard worker" doesn't mean you're a good football player.

I hope he proves me wrong, but he looked stiff AF on tape to me.

I just watched his 3 minute highlight tape and literally saw nothing impressive. And those were the highlights. 3 of the plays were TD catches where there wasn't a player within 5 yards of him. Saw him go down on first contact on every other catch. That's not a good look for a TE of his size.

• Like 1

Just now, Pool said:

I just watched his 3 minute highlight tape and literally saw nothing impressive. And those were the highlights. 3 of the plays were TD catches where there wasn't a player within 5 yards of him. Saw him go down on first contact on every other catch. That's not a good look for a TE of his size.

He's stiff and slow. We want Travis Kelce, not Vance McDonald.

Where's Windy at....he's probably having a meltdown with this pick. :D

All jokes aside..I don't really know what to think about this pick.  He could be really good or he could be average but I don't think he'll be bad. This is probably more Nagy's choice than Pace's.

TE was a position of weakness last year so I can't hate on them trying to improve the position even if I thought better value was available.

1 minute ago, topwop1 said:

Where's Windy at....he's probably having a meltdown with this pick. :D

All jokes aside..I don't really know what to think about this pick.  He could be really good or he could be average but I don't think he'll be bad. This is probably more Nagy's choice than Pace's.

TE was a position of weakness last year so I can't hate on them trying to improve the position even if I thought better value was available.

Maybe Pace should just get it right offensively and then this **** won't keep happening? I said on page 1- he keeps messing up and keeps doubling down. It's annoying and a poor way to build up a phase. The offense, imo, is no better right now than it was at 6:45.