2nd Round (43rd overall) - TE Cole Kmet, Notre Dame | Bears 2020 Draft

RJ_11

I think you just hope that he keeps developing and gets better than what I see.  Certainly possible.  He has decent clay and he is now just football and not football/baseball.

Just does not look like a high 2nd round prospect.   I am thinking 3rd round grade or lower.  

I just don't see a prototypical 'U' TE in him. We want a Travis Kelce, a Zach Ertz. This dude is stiff.

Pace will spout off some BS about how this kid was a dual sport athlete and has never been fully committed/dedicated to football but now that he is blah blah blah blah blah.

Just now, GOGRIESE said:

Even better. Maybe it's just me but I don't hate this pick? 

I don't think anyone should hate the pick...we all wanted to improve at TE because we all know how guys like Kelce in KC and Ertz in Philly make it work...Pace has taken the clear cut #1 TE in this class who was getting some 1st round looks...he is a young ball of clay to try and mold who has all the physical tools you look for in an every down TE...is it the guy I would have taken? No...can I understand taking a shot on him? Absolutely.

• Like 1

Just now, Madmike90 said:

I don't think anyone should hate the pick...we all wanted to improve at TE because we all know how guys like Kelce in KC and Ertz in Philly make it work...Pace has taken the clear cut #1 TE in this class who was getting some 1st round looks...he is a young ball of clay to try and mold who has all the physical tools you look for in an every down TE...is it the guy I would have taken? No...can I understand taking a shot on him? Absolutely.

He is essentially a Kyle Rudolph clone. But I dont think that's a bad thing. They want a long term TE and I see no reason it can't be him. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Madmike90 said:

Also for everyone calling Kmet stiff...Travis Kelce is far from agile...dude is a power player and if Kemt can gain strength and a bit of size I suspect that would be the route we would go down with him when we try and move him to the flex.

George Kittle is also more of a linear, physical player. I agree that Kmet's best bet is to get stronger and play with more physicality.

Just now, MonserinNC said:

I dont think any of us hate the pick as much as we just hate how the TE position has been handled.

Like legit this puts Burton as one of our top 10 worst FA signings and Shaheen as one of our top 10 busts right??

Agreed a thousand fold about the first part. Second part that's a tough list to crack haha

3 minutes ago, MonserinNC said:

I dont think any of us hate the pick as much as we just hate how the TE position has been handled.

Like legit this puts Burton as one of our top 10 worst FA signings and Shaheen as one of our top 10 busts right??

I don't like Kmet, independently of how the TE position has been handled. 

3 minutes ago, MonserinNC said:

As bad as it has been....no it not a top-10 worst. That list runs deep....unfortunately.

• Like 2