2nd Round (43rd overall) - TE Cole Kmet, Notre Dame | Bears 2020 Draft

RJ_11

21 minutes ago, abstract_thought said:

George Kittle is also more of a linear, physical player. I agree that Kmet's best bet is to get stronger and play with more physicality.

When he blocks he leans forward into finished position or starts in it rather than rolling into it.  He has no hip roll.  Why he ends up on ground a lot.

He is a good athlete.  I think his ceiling is Mark Bavaro.  He isn’t Kittle.  Kittle is smooth.  Rudolph is a good comparison.   Though they are different.   Rudolph was much better at high pointing footballs than Kmet.  Kmet is faster than Rudolph.  

Just now, Madmike90 said:

I certainly wouldn't put him up there with the likes of Ertz...Kelce is a great route runner but it nuanced and not pure agility.

I think he's more fluid than Ertz man, not by much but he's a better route runner to me.

3 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

Guys we got a TE in the 2nd round who is essentially baby Gronk...what could possibly go wrong?

Haha....I see what youre doing here.

Random thought but I never understand taking small school prospects(Shaheen).  Like since 2000 do they really ever work out?? Like just taking guys who kill it in Division 2, do they really ever defy the odds??

At least Kmet was the top TE and played for ND.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Madmike90 said:

100% the tape Pace say and fell in love with him.

I love how this is the top comment

I must be missing something. I saw a TE that can't make a block to save his life, average route-running, and struggled to separate. Made a couple of nice hand-catches, but mostly dump-off passes given up by the defense. His stat sheet on this game looks good but I'm struggling seeing the transition into the NFL.

What the hell was he watching? 

1 minute ago, GOGRIESE said:

I must be missing something. I saw a TE that can't make a block to save his life, average route-running, and struggled to separate. Made a couple of nice hand-catches, but mostly dump-off passes given up by the defense. His stat sheet on this game looks good but I'm struggling seeing the transition into the NFL.

I would agree some of his blocking for a man who is 6-5" 260lbs was poor but no one can deny his route running, separation, explosiveness off the snap and hands are all good here.

8 minutes ago, GOGRIESE said:

I saw nothing special