2nd Round (50th overall) - CB Jaylon Johnson, Utah | Bears 2020 Draft

RJ_11

19 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Guy seems to be universally loved so may be something to that.  

I just think we didn’t get to see Miller be Miller because of shoulder.  And maybe never will.   Don’t want to see that again.  

Your giving up on Miller already? WR's don't usually start to develop until their 2nd year and Miller seemed to be getting better last season. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Your giving up on Miller already? WR's don't usually start to develop until their 2nd year and Miller seemed to be getting better last season. 

No not giving up, but in 2 years we have had 2 years of shoulder problems and surgery following each.  

4 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

The injuries are a problem, and by no means are most of these guys Oxford grads, but Miller seems to do some incredibly dumb **** out on the field

Just now, beardown3231 said:

The injuries are a problem, and by no means are most of these guys Oxford grads, but Miller seems to do some incredibly dumb **** out on the field

I agree that he needs to be more mature but in his defense that also seemed to be toned down in latter part of the year.

Just now, JustAnotherFan said:

I agree that he needs to be more mature but in his defense that also seemed to be toned down in latter part of the year.

You're right. He was a total fool vs the Raiders, but after that he seemed to straighten out. IIRC he's going to become a father this year also, so hopefully that speeds up his maturation even more

• Like 1

I wonder if Johnson (presumably) being our #2 corner plus Roberson, Burns and possibly Denmark being around as depth pieces on the outside has Toliver as a potential candidate to shift to safety. He has the size for it (listed at 6’2” 200lb) and has seemed to be a sound tackler. A possible shift to safety was noted in his draft profile too. 

5 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

I wonder if Johnson (presumably) being our #2 corner plus Roberson, Burns and possibly Denmark being around as depth pieces on the outside has Toliver as a potential candidate to shift to safety. He has the size for it (listed at 6’2” 200lb) and has seemed to be a sound tackler. A possible shift to safety was noted in his draft profile too. 

If anything I think Denmark is a candidate for a move to safety.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

We always say certain corners should move to safety (I dont think Toliver should, but Denmark should have) and they almost never do it until it is too late in contract to make a difference. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Nice! I would have been okay with him or Diggs!

I'd agree.  With Antoine Windfied Jr gone it was gonna be either a CB or a WR so I'll back the pick.

What we may have here is another Eddie Jackson type pick where a more talented player fell due to injury concerns but labrum surgery isn't something that should cause any long term concerns.  If our objective was to replace Amukamara with a rookie who can also play press coverage well it would seem to me like we made a good pick.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dll2000 said:

We always say certain corners should move to safety (I dont think Toliver should, but Denmark should have) and they almost never do it until it is too late in contract to make a difference. 

Agreed - just speculation on my part since we currently only have Bush as a supposedly viable SS option and they seem to like Toliver but also just drafted a guy to start over him.