2nd Round (50th overall) - CB Jaylon Johnson, Utah | Bears 2020 Draft

RJ_11

12 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Vildor is the 2021 replacement for Skrine.

I wonder if we will be able to flip one or more of these corners for a later round pick in camp when guys start going down?

Besides Skrine, I don't think they can trade any of them. Who would want Denmark, Shelley, McManis, etc?

Edited by beardown3231
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ba_ba_ba_BOOM said:

I didn’t realize that, thanks. I just remember GB backloading his deal on the transition tag. 

IIRC GB tried to do a number on us so we'd have to pay out 100% of Fuller's $29 mil in gtd $$$ in 2018 and 2019 and then salaries of $13 mil in 2020 and $14 mil in 2021.  Pace just restructured that deal with option bonuses in voidable years to gain another $3 mil in 2020 cap but it also added $7.5 mil in new gtd $$$ $6 mil of which goes against the 2021 cap increasing his hit from $14 mil to $20 mil.

My guess is we'll offer another extension next year probably through 2023 and cut that cap hit down.  But Fuller's increasing costs are also why Pace had to draft a couple of CBs if only as a hedge against losing Fuller one way or another.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/chicago-bears/kyle-fuller-14423/

13 hours ago, soulman said:

IIRC GB tried to do a number on us so we'd have to pay out 100% of Fuller's $29 mil in gtd $$$ in 2018 and 2019 and then salaries of $13 mil in 2020 and $14 mil in 2021.  Pace just restructured that deal with option bonuses in voidable years to gain another $3 mil in 2020 cap but it also added $7.5 mil in new gtd $$$ $6 mil of which goes against the 2021 cap increasing his hit from $14 mil to $20 mil.

My guess is we'll offer another extension next year probably through 2023 and cut that cap hit down.  But Fuller's increasing costs are also why Pace had to draft a couple of CBs if only as a hedge against losing Fuller one way or another.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/chicago-bears/kyle-fuller-14423/

Not sure it was spite, just worked out that way.  Honestly they wouldn't be so hard up for a WR right now if Robinson had not taken less money to come to Chicago.

Maybe they get a ring last year with Fuller and Robinson in the fold.   More on GB in a minute.  Have to do some work.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

Not sure it was spite, just worked out that way.  Honestly they wouldn't be so hard up for a WR right now if Robinson had not taken less money to come to Chicago.

Maybe they get a ring last year with Fuller and Robinson in the fold.   More on GB in a minute.  Have to do some work.  

Maybe mine was a poor choice of words but I do believe the structure was intentional and that it was always poised to create an issue for us which it did this year ergo the restructure which also added another $7.5 mil in gtd $$$.  So in reality Fullers deal gts. $36.5 mil now.

We can only assume that ARob will be next up for an extension.  He typically works those out before the next season begins and I expect he'll continue along that path.

The more I research Jaylon Johnson the more amped I get that he is with Da Bears.  Out of all of Chi's picks I believe he will make the biggest impact!

With him with an already brutal secondary it will be nigh impossible to pass which will make Mack, Quinn, and Haha even more brutal at pass rushing. 

Edited by FosterTheSkins
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, FosterTheSkins said:

The more I research Jaylon Johnson the more amped I get that he is with Da Bears.  Out of all of Chi's picks I believe he will make the biggest impact!

With him with an already brutal secondary it will be nigh impossible to pass which will make Mack, Quinn, and Haha even more brutal at pass rushing. 

^

8 hours ago, SLCbear said:

Yea, great pick for us ! Hopefully this turns into an Eddie Jax all-pro  type of situation 😍

btw who is Haha ?? Mingo or Trevis Gipson ? clinton-dix es no mas 

Whoops I meant Akiem Hicks.O.o