2020 Draft | Eagles select: Jalen Hurts (#53 ovr)

Kiltman

You guys are so off base with that line of thinking its Rediculous. GD Cowboys have the Iron man of QB the past 4 years, hasn't missed a single start and still don't want to pay the going price. 

I mean the Redskins were idiots supposedly for drafting RGIII and Cousins in the same draft. How'd that work out?  Over thinking this way to hard, way to hard.

2 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

You guys are so off base with that line of thinking its Rediculous. GD Cowboys have the Iron man of QB the past 4 years, hasn't missed a single start and still don't want to pay the going price. 

I mean the Redskins were idiots supposedly for drafting RGIII and Cousins in the same draft. How'd that work out?  Over thinking this way to hard, way to hard.

whats the reasoning for taking a qb in the second round? Its not to be a back up you dont draft backs up in round 2.

5 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

whats the reasoning for taking a qb in the second round? Its not to be a back up you dont draft backs up in round 2.

You mean like Kevin Kolb, Jimmy Garopolo, Colon Kaepernick? Funny how all 3 actually stepped in do to injury and won games. One actually taking a team to the SB, the other traded away only to take another team as well to the SB.

30 years worth of back up QB for the Eagles and our only SB championship proves how vital the position is. Period!

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

You mean like Kevin Kolb, Jimmy Garopolo, Colon Kaepernick? Funny how all 3 actually stepped in do to injury and won games. One actually taking a team to the SB, the other traded away only to take another team as well to the SB.

30 years worth of back up QB fir the Eagles and our only SB championship proves how vital the position is. Period!

the eagles traded their franchise qb to make kolb the starter. Thanks for proving my point fam. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

the eagles traded their franchise qb to make kolb the starter. Thanks for proving my point fam. 

A 33 yr old McNabb,  not the 27 year old 2002 version. Try again. Or just dont! Agree to disagree.🍺

1 minute ago, Nabbs4u said:

It was considered to be in 2008. Keep being an ....!

you tried to rebuttal me and your back up evidence only supported my point. So I simply pointed that out to you and you got defensive. So you are backtracking and making crap up. 

I know you're old and forgetful. So run along. 

1 hour ago, ninjapirate said:

right so the coaching staff wanting a new qb might be what is actually going on here. 

Only time will tell. Im not one that wants Wentz gone but if they got hurts ready quickly we could probably get a bunch for Wentz and have that rookie contract qb that is a big deal nowadays to contend for SBs. 

The Eagles know first-hand the importance of having a quality QB. They want to develop QBs in their system who can be around for several years. They've invested in Sudfeld and continue to do so. The Eagles have one of the best if not the best overall QB groups in the league. Doug apparently told Wentz that if Wentz was cool with the Hurts pick, Doug would make sure the Eagles got Wentz's preference in WRs. 

53 minutes ago, EaglesFan5-36-81 said:

Apparently Chinn or Dobbins would've been the pick if Hurts was off the board. Wish either of them was tbh

Dobbins? Really...? 

I like Chinn, but that also means we don't get Wallace probably.

22 minutes ago, Danger said:

Dobbins? Really...? 

I like Chinn, but that also means we don't get Wallace probably.

Yeah that’s odd, especially with them not going RB with any of the other picks. Guess it was pure BPA?

Liked Chinn too, but yeah I’m happy we got Wallace.