2020 Draft | Eagles select: Jalen Hurts (#53 ovr)

Kiltman

3 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Yeah that’s odd, especially with them not going RB with any of the other picks. Guess it was pure BPA?

Liked Chinn too, but yeah I’m happy we got Wallace.

Yeah guessing it was BPA pick. Regardless a trio of Sanders, Dobbins, and Scott would be fun, especially since Sanders isnt the best downfield receiver on the roster anymore and they actually have space to move around. 

The only thing that excites me about this pick is really looking at Patriots, Steelers, Saints, Bucs etc all with really aging or unsettled QB's. That in a year or two that if Hurts flashes there could be some good landing spots for a trade. Specifically there is speculation that the Steelers may move on from JuJu after next season and stick with the cheaper talent at WR. So Hurts for JuJu.....who says no? 

Granted this is just big brain talk. More than likely it is a waste, but hey.....you never know.

14 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

The only thing that excites me about this pick is really looking at Patriots, Steelers, Saints, Bucs etc all with really aging or unsettled QB's. That in a year or two that if Hurts flashes there could be some good landing spots for a trade. Specifically there is speculation that the Steelers may move on from JuJu after next season and stick with the cheaper talent at WR. So Hurts for JuJu.....who says no? 

Granted this is just big brain talk. More than likely it is a waste, but hey.....you never know.

Yeah you need to enter galaxy brain for any positivity on this.

I’ve found solace by writing this off as just a bust 2nd rounder. Instead of gradually getting angry, I got it all out by Saturday. Sydney Jones has been a terrible 2nd round pick. He still has time to turn it around but I’m not holding out hope. I’ll just be pleasantly surprised if we manage to get anything out of him. Same for Hurts. I guess the only thing that’s frustrating is we still have to wait out the inevitable plan to run it’s course. 

24 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

I’ve found solace by writing this off as just a bust 2nd rounder. Instead of gradually getting angry, I got it all out by Saturday. Sydney Jones has been a terrible 2nd round pick. He still has time to turn it around but I’m not holding out hope. I’ll just be pleasantly surprised if we manage to get anything out of him. Same for Hurts. I guess the only thing that’s frustrating is we still have to wait out the inevitable plan to run it’s course. 

IMO he is ours now so I am going to root for him to be good.

It is fun to have him in Madden and put him in for a could plays and do some fun things.....

37 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

So the rumor today is jalen is gonna play running back? The eagles have had a different answers like 5 days in a row now. 

I haven't heard them once say he's going to play RB. I'm sure there's going to be gadget stuff with him but he's not playing RB. 

15 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I've somehow managed to come around on this pick. As long as I ignore who else was there at 53. Let's get it Jalen.

The current #1 reasoning to me is that paying Carson now we can't afford to pay a backup 9-12 mil.
Especially when that can be 2 or 3 guys on your roster.

That was the first "hmm alright I kinda get it" moment with this

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

The current #1 reasoning to me is that paying Carson now we can't afford to pay a backup 9-12 mil.
Especially when that can be 2 or 3 guys on your roster.

That was the first "hmm alright I kinda get it" moment with this

That's an acceptable explanation of drafting a qb in the 4th round.

Also the highest paid backup next year is only making 6 million a year and that's case keenum in cleveland. Don't let the eagles lie to you kitly.

Edited by ninjapirate

9 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

To me this pick was an overreaction to Clayton Thorston being so terrible last year. 

imagine being so bad at your job that you make a team not only waste a 5th round ick on you but a 2nd round pick because they wanted someone the complete opposite of you 

overdrafting developmental qbs because you suck at drafting ok i buy this one.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

To me this pick was an overreaction to Clayton Thorston being so terrible last year. 

imagine being so bad at your job that you make a team not only waste a 5th round ick on you but a 2nd round pick because they wanted someone the complete opposite of you 

Imagine wasting a 1st, you'd be a Cardinals fan!