2020 Draft | Eagles select: Jalen Hurts (#53 ovr)

Kiltman

3 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Hurts not playing > Haskins actually playing 

We will see.  I'm not in love with Haskins like some people but I also think it was impossible for him to succeed in his rookie year considering what the organization was going through.  TBD imo.  

9 minutes ago, TwoUpTwoDown said:

I don't think Haskins is a bust, yet, but man McLaurin really saved his *** so many times last year.

I don't even think so much it's McLaurin being an A-Tier rookie, but rather, those two played with one another at Ohio State. There was pre-existing chemistry between them, and not with any of the other weapons Haskins had. Like.... Guice.... who was injured.... again. And an old Adrian Peterson who doesn't get involved in the passing game... and Jordan Reed... who was injured. Oh they had Vernon Davis. Nevermind he's like 36.

I'm not saying Haskins is on track to be Patrick Mahomes, not by any stretch of the imagination, but I don't think it's unreasonable to say maybe he could be on the path of a less mobile Josh Allen.

10 minutes ago, Danger said:

I don't even think so much it's McLaurin being an A-Tier rookie, but rather, those two played with one another at Ohio State. There was pre-existing chemistry between them, and not with any of the other weapons Haskins had. Like.... Guice.... who was injured.... again. And an old Adrian Peterson who doesn't get involved in the passing game... and Jordan Reed... who was injured. Oh they had Vernon Davis. Nevermind he's like 36.

I'm not saying Haskins is on track to be Patrick Mahomes, not by any stretch of the imagination, but I don't think it's unreasonable to say maybe he could be on the path of a less mobile Josh Allen.

Haskins isn't mobile at all. He's on the career path of Joe Flacco, minus the fluke SB run.

Edited by Jeezla

Haskins lack of mobility is his greatest downfall. It'll magnify his deficiencies elsewhere. To be that statue-esque and succeed, you have to have the arm talent and other traits that can make up for it. Haskins does not have these traits. Josh Allen has 2 major traits Haskins doesn't: an insanely strong arm, and elite mobility. Josh Allen can overcome his own deficiencies with these 2 elite traits.

3 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Have you guys figured out what the hell this pick was about yet?

As far as I can tell...

• They really liked him as a QB, additionally liked what else he could bring to the team on and off the field.
  • We really need to save money this year so we can carryover to next year. Not spending $5-8 mil on a back up QB helps with that. I think they also want a guy that will be around for a couple of years and won’t be old/injure prone themselves.
  • This was a clearly linked move to how they failed in 2012. They loved Russell Wilson, but decided to get cute and wait til the 3rd (where all their intel said he’d be) So this was a lesson in, if you love a QB...just take him.

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

As far as I can tell...

•  
  • We really need to save money this year so we can carryover to next year. Not spending $5-8 mil on a back up QB helps with that. I think they also want a guy that will be around for a couple of years and won’t be old/injure prone themselves.
  •  

Nate Sudfeld is going to be the back up for 2 million dollars this year I don't see how not drafting Jalen would have changed that. 

4 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Haskins isn't mobile at all. He's on the career path of Joe Flacco, minus the fluke SB run.

Again, some of you are ridiculous and blinded by your dislike anything in the NFC East. Dude was a rookie surrounded by a terrible team. When was the last time a QB's rookie season mattered anyways?

• Like 2