2020 Draft | Eagles select: Jalen Hurts (#53 ovr)

Kiltman

3 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

But he got better week to week.  

We just need him to treat every game like it's a division game.

Haskins vs the NFCE as a starter:

394 yards 31/43 74% comp. 4 TD, 0 INT 131.8 rating

Haskins definitely has a number of flaws he needs to work on, but it's unfortunate for him that the game most casuals formed their first and lasting impression of him from was a game he was forced into right before halftime, after not getting any practice reps with the first team, and proceeded to throw 3 INTs (one a 50/50 jump ball and one a drop).

1 minute ago, Jroc04 said:
46 minutes ago, Danger said:

He was a rookie with a terrible team. Not super surprising.

Worst sack rate, by far among starters. 

Go. 

1 minute ago, Jroc04 said:
45 minutes ago, Danger said:

He was a rookie with a terrible team. Not super surprising.

9 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Well, this was quite a lazy venture. I brought up 3 damning stats and you just say, meh he’s rookie, it’s not a big deal. I have not been swayed, sir. 

I'm not trying to sway you perhaps. But I've consistently been of the mindset that "Rookie QB seasons don't matter." I don't care if they were as good as Baker Mayfield or as bad as Goff their rookie year, it doesn't really indicate what they'll look like for the long term, especially when you're on a team that was as dreadful as Goff or Haskins, with a lame duck head coach and offensive coordinator.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Danger said:

Again, some of you are ridiculous and blinded by your dislike anything in the NFC East. Dude was a rookie surrounded by a terrible team. When was the last time a QB's rookie season mattered anyways?

I don't know, but I didn't like him before he ended up in the NFCE. Has he done something that should make me think he's going to be a top 16 QB in the league? Nope.

18 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Also, the only way Hurts works in the NFL is to completely redesign an offense around him, which makes him a terrible backup QB for a traditional pocket passer.  

if we had a back up QB who can run around we beat seattle in the play offs. 

On 5/4/2020 at 1:54 PM, MKnight82 said:

Also, the only way Hurts works in the NFL is to completely redesign an offense around him, which makes him a terrible backup QB for a traditional pocket passer.  I'm like 99% sure you guys wasted a 2nd round pick.

You mean like Doug did for Nick Foles? Doug has a history of adapting his Offense to fit his QB. While Hurts obviously has a lot of work to do he does have the mobility of a Russell Wilson. Has the playmaking ability to use legs. 

If Doug is able to do for him what Andy did for Vick (as a Passer), sky is the limit TBH. Especially as a #2. While I wouldn't have wanted Hurts playing vs Seattle  "right now" straight out of college week 1. Had he been learning for the entire 2019 season while Wentz was playing,  I'm fairly certain we might of had a better chance of winning that playoff game with him scrambling and running around making plays.

Something Mckown couldn't do.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

You mean like Doug did for Nick Foles? Doug has a history of adapting his Offense to fit his QB. While Hurts obviously has a lot of work to do he does have the mobility of a Russell Wilson. Has the playmaking ability to use legs. 

If Doug is able to do for him what Andy did for Vick (as a Passer), sky is the limit TBH. Especially as a #2. While I wouldn't have wanted Hurts playing vs Seattle  "right now" straight out of college week 1. Had he been learning for the entire 2019 season while Wentz was playing,  I'm fairly certain we might of had a better chance of winning that playoff game with him scrambling and running around making plays.

Something Mckown couldn't do.

And Doug loves his RPO's, something Hurts could handle. 

Listening to the new BGN podcast with Brett Kollmann and Michael Kist made me feel a bit better about this pick.

I suggest ya'll listen to it when you get the chance.

Whole podcast isn't about the Eagles, but he touches on Hurts in the beginning.

He also mentioned at the end of the podcast that he has a video on the Eagles coming up.

• Like 1

I'm not upset about the pick at all anymore. The kid wins. He's tough and can make most of the throws. And until DougieP shows his cards in-season I fully expect the same simplistic offense that would fit any QB. What has made Carson special is his ability to make things happen. Same thing with Hurts. 

• Like 1