2.59: WR Denzel Mims

Bianconero

11 hours ago, Tyronnosaurus said:

Baylor fan here. Watched every snap of his career. You got a monster.

Please don’t bash me but I’ve been “lucky” to watch my favorite players get drafTed by dumpster fire organizations (RGIII-Wash, Coleman, Cleveland, Billings, Bengals now with Cleveland, Drango, Cleveland)

Tell me why I should be excited he’s with the Jets? No disrespect meant, as I’m a Cowboys fan.

Mims impressed at the Senior Bowl. Everyone was raving about him! A steal at this point in the draft

Receivers drafted in 2nd round

33. Tee Higgins, Cincinnati Bengals 

34. Michael Pittman, Indianapolis Colts 

42. Laviska Shenault, Jacksonville Jaguars 

46. K.J. Hamler, Denver Broncos 

49. Chase Claypool, Pittsburgh Steelers 

57. Van Jefferson, Los Angeles Rams 

59. Denzel Mims, New York Jets

Id honestly take Mims over all of them. Shenault was someone I really liked as was Pittman but I still had Mims over them. Had pencilled him going in around 20-27 range in the 1st. 

• Like 1

Thing about Mims is he has the talent to be the best WR in this draft. If he works hard and improves his route running, the dude has talent to  be a top 10 WR. He is big, fast, and has rare body control and ability to adjust to the ball. He makes insane catches at times. Considering he sounded mad and that he has a chip on his shoulder for all the teams that passed him, I hope he uses that to fuel himself to greatness. 

I really wanted a big body WR to compliment what we had, I didn't want no KJ Hamler 5'9 WR. A big body WR can help your QB out with larger catch radius. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KodiakThunder said:

The crazy thing is most of us wanted Mims to fall to us at #48 (thought there was zero chance of that happening). So getting him at #59 (adding two 4th rounders in the process) is absolutely huge. It's the biggest draft win for the Jets that I can remember. 

Yeah it’s so funny as every single year people’s mocks get blasted for being unrealistic. Could you imagine the comments if someone had mocked the trade and then the pick of Mims. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KodiakThunder said:

The crazy thing is most of us wanted Mims to fall to us at #48 (thought there was zero chance of that happening). So getting him at #59 (adding two 4th rounders in the process) is absolutely huge. It's the biggest draft win for the Jets that I can remember. 

Ya it will be incredible if those 2 3rs we acquired are good picks too. Mims is an absolute steal at that spot. Hoping he’s a steal like DK was last year at WR

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Ya it will be incredible if those 2 3rs we acquired are good picks too. Mims is an absolute steal at that spot. Hoping he’s a steal like DK was last year at WR

When JD traded back from 48 we all said oh well, he doesn't like Mims because he would have grabbed him there.  Dropping 11 spots was really risky if he was the guy all along.  I just think he was one of many somewhat equally rated WR prospects and JD figured that at least one of them would still be there in 11 picks.  I just wonder who the others were?  

When I saw Mims highlights there was now way I thought the Jets would have a shot at him. Then when he went to the senior bowl and tore it up along with the combine I figured, like most, he'd be a late first round pick. Needless to say I am amped about this pick especially with the trade down to add another fourth too. 

I will admit that when I saw the Jets draft a tall skinny WR with their second pick in the draft that ran a 4.38 I had Stephen Hill flashbacks for a quick second (same 40time I believe). The main difference here is that Mims isn't just fast he is great overall athlete. His 3 cone was the best of all WR this year and that tells me he can change direction with the best of them which is important in the NFL. 

• Like 1