2.59: WR Denzel Mims

Bianconero

2 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

I think he had either the most or 2nd most contested catches in college football last year at one of the higher rates... his contested catches aren't a problem

Yeap he had 20 contested catches, which was tied for the most in college last year. But he also only made 48% of his contested catches, which isn’t a great number. 

Edited by BlaZeN37

1 more note on his senior bowl performance.  Yes he showed out and no he wasn't going against top notch CBS, but if it remember correctly Michael Pittman wasn't doing anything special at all that week.   In fact some of those CBs were doing just fine against Pittman if my memory serves.   And he went 33.

3 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

His floor IMO is what Allen Robinson maybe?

Jesus lol. I get that Mims is the best WR prospect the Jets have drafted since Keyshawn Johnson (which is pathetic), but come on. Allen Robinson is a pro bowl WR coming off a season where he had 98 catches, 1,150 yards, and 7 TDs with terrible QB play. I feel like a large portion of the fan base has convinced themselves we drafted the next Julio Jones/AJ Green. Could he reach those levels? Possibly. But he just isn’t anywhere near the kind of prospect they were, which is why they went inside the top 10.

I’d say his floor is Tyrell Williams. Deep threat with some red zone chops, who’s route running and contested catch ability is to inconsistent to be relied on as a go-to WR.

• Like 2

Just now, BlaZeN37 said:

Jesus lol. I get that Mims is the best WR prospect the Jets have drafted since Keyshawn Johnson (which is pathetic), but come on. Allen Robinson is a pro bowl WR coming off a season where he had 98 catches, 1,150 yards, and 7 TDs with terrible QB play. I feel like a large portion of the fan base has convinced themselves we drafted the next Julio Jones/AJ Green. Could he reach those levels? Possibly. But he just isn’t anywhere near the kind of prospect they were, which is why they went inside the top 10.

I’d say his floor is Tyrell Williams. Deep threat with some red zone chops, who’s route running and contested catch ability is to inconsistent to be relied on as a go-to WR.

Tyrell Williams? Mims doesn’t really stretch defenses deep, he works in the intermediate range more. I don’t think I saw much of him on flag routes or 9s. 

This ain’t some late round prospect we’re discussing and not someone we’re hyping up because we drafted him, we were mostly high on him prior to the draft.

lol I just don't know how people can be mad at this pick. He has a lower drop rate than the top 2 WRs , is physical, and has the size/speed to make plays everywhere on the field. He's probably improving his routes right now with someone like Hines Ward right now. 

His most common route ran was the go route actually. He absolutely has the ability to stretch defenses deep in the same way that Williams does. 

I don’t think saying his floor is Tyrell Williams is a slight in anyway. That’s a pretty high floor for the 59th pick in the draft. You guys do realize that 2nd round WRs bust more often then not right? Again, I love Mims and I’m glad he’s on the team. But you guys need to stop acting like he’s a sure fire pro bowl WR.

Edited by BlaZeN37

4 minutes ago, BlaZeN37 said:

His most common route ran was the go route actually. He absolutely has the ability to stretch defenses deep in the same way that Williams does. 

I don’t think saying his floor is Tyrell Williams is a slight in anyway. That’s a pretty high floor for the 59th pick in the draft. You guys do realize that 2nd round WRs bust more often then not right? Again, I love Mims and I’m glad he’s on the team. But you guys need to stop acting like he’s a sure fire pro bowl WR.

Was that his most targeted route? 

We all know there’s a chance he busts but that goes for anyone, which isn’t the point. 

Just looking at things we saw and discussing what he could become is what we’re doing here. I don’t think we’re anointing him, it’s all about potential. It’s no fun discussing how bad a player might become. If it’s to that we might as well just wait to say anything until the games start. 

1 minute ago, KingOfTheDot said:

If I said Cameron Clark’s floor was Larry Allen then like I get it lol. 

This is all started when Bobby asked if there was anything negative about Mims game, so I made a post detailing such. 

When we start saying this kids floor is Allen Robinson, I’d say the expectations are being set a little too high.

3 minutes ago, BlaZeN37 said:

This is all started when Bobby asked if there was anything negative about Mims game, so I made a post detailing such. 

When we start saying this kids floor is Allen Robinson, I’d say the expectations are being set a little too high.

His floor is bust. Every players floor is bust.

• Like 1