Jump to content

2.59: WR Denzel Mims


Recommended Posts

Anyway, I’m not into the person to person comparison thing. Everybody their own breed.

Ceiling = Top 15 star WR for us

Floor = average with inconsistent flashes of being real good as a #2 WR and replaceable after a few seasons.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DowNY said:

Anyway, I’m not into the person to person comparison thing. Everybody their own breed.

Ceiling = Top 15 star WR for us

Floor = average with inconsistent flashes of being real good as a #2 WR and replaceable after a few seasons.

So floor is basically the guy he is replacing(Anderson)?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

So Julio separates from press coverage and doesn't have trouble with contested catches.  Great comparison.... 

Leverages the Corners because of this. If Darnold puts the ball where only Mims can get it then he's bringing that thing in every time.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Leverages the Corners because of this. If Darnold puts the ball where only Mims can get it then he's bringing that thing in every time.

Think we're gonna agree to disagree but as I said I hope I'm wrong 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Think we're gonna agree to disagree but as I said I hope I'm wrong 

Highlight tape but watch him leverage the Corners and then find the ball. He snatches it out the air and knows where the pass in coming. The hand fighting at the next level is going to be called more but mostly on the defense. Kids super physical, he seeks contact, that's rare.

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

So Julio separates from press coverage and doesn't have trouble with contested catches.  Great comparison.... 

“Will occasionally drop the routine catch”

”still developing as a route runner”

Height & weight + combine numbers closer between Jones & Mims than it is Mims & Moncrief.

but grab whatever parts fits your narrative.

Like I said, I don’t really enjoy doing person to person comparisons. Was just curious of your response when I grab an elite player with similar metrics , the way you grabbed an underachieving player.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DowNY said:

“Will occasionally drop the routine catch”

”still developing as a route runner”

Height & weight + combine numbers closer between Jones & Mims than it is Mims & Moncrief.

but grab whatever parts fits your narrative.

Like I said, I don’t really enjoy doing person to person comparisons. Was just curious of your response when I grab an elite player with similar metrics , the way you grabbed an underachieving player.

And neither of those two things you quoted are what I said.  Try again 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Highlight tape but watch him leverage the Corners and then find the ball. He snatches it out the air and knows where the pass in coming. The hand fighting at the next level is going to be called more but mostly on the defense. Kids super physical, he seeks contact, that's rare.

Most of these are against off coverage or against super small /bad corners.  The big 12 had one corner drafted in seven rounds.  You're not gonna convince me. 

Hell I don't even disagree with the pick really with all the wr that was gone by that point.  I get it. I just think he'll bust.  Could he be a star.  Sure.  Do I want to be wrong.  Yes.  Just my opinion 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Most of these are against off coverage or against super small /bad corners.  The big 12 had one corner drafted in seven rounds.  You're not gonna convince me. 

Hell I don't even disagree with the pick really with all the wr that was gone by that point.  I get it. I just think he'll bust.  Could he be a star.  Sure.  Do I want to be wrong.  Yes.  Just my opinion 

You dont know what you're watching and that's unfortunate.He's 6'3 he's gonna be bigger than most Corners.

Your opinion is uninformed however, the tape is there for you to view.

I'll leave it at that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, KingOfTheDot said:

You dont know what you're watching and that's unfortunate.He's 6'3 he's gonna be bigger than most Corners.

Your opinion is uninformed however, the tape is there for you to view.

I'll leave it at that.

Watched it.  Again. Wish him luck. Opinion hasn't changed 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

You dont know what you're watching and that's unfortunate.He's 6'3 he's gonna be bigger than most Corners.

Your opinion is uninformed however, the tape is there for you to view.

I'll leave it at that.

You're wasting your time with a kid who uses blog entries on popular draft sites to form his own personal "opinions"

Not worth the energy, man

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...