2.59: WR Denzel Mims

Bianconero

4 hours ago, xrade said:

Well obviously we have a ton of experts here. Can someone please answer my original question without going off on a tangent?  WHY DID HE SLIP TO 59?  That’s all I wanted to know. 

Why are you screaming and asking why he slipped?

Players slip from various reasons. One reason could simply just be other teams overthinking it.

Just like how DK slipped last year and others before them. It happens.

No attitude. No injury.

You also have to consider the fact, a lot of these guys didn’t have Pro Days. Lacked the means to lock their status in. A simple pro day could’ve been the difference between Mims going in round 1 over guys like Reagor, Aiyuk & even Jefferson.

It happens and we benefitted.

• Like 3

The reason why Mims slipped is that his route running was very slim. He did not run that many routes. This is where he scares me. I see him as a Eric Decker type guy if he hits full potential. I think at the very least he will be an average outside WR. 

If Mims had private workouts he would have went higher. Teams would have put him through extensive workouts to test his route running ability and much like in the Senior Bowl he would have shined. But as jetfuel said there just wasn't any tape of him running enough routes to know for sure.

This was Senior Bowl week

Edited by KingOfTheDot
  • Like 7

6 hours ago, Tyronnosaurus said:

I think a good comp for Mims is a higher ceiling Brandon Marshall, but more physical. Probably a little more “bust” chance. But Mims won’t bust.

I love Mims, but Brandon Marshall is one of the most physical WRs I’ve ever seen play. I don’t think he even comes close to him in terms of physicality. I think another former Jets WR, Braylon Edwards is a better comparison.

Edited by BlaZeN37
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

Honestly there are  a few wrs who were taken before mims who I think bust and are overrated. 

Could all other 31 GM's be wrong, including our GM who passed on Mims on the 48 pick. But I am glad we got him we got nothing to lose and everything to gain by drafting him. Let see if Gase, can develop  him into a productive receiver.

1 minute ago, doumeyer said:

Could all other 31 GM's be wrong, including our GM who passed on Mims on the 48 pick. But I am glad we got him we got nothing to lose and everything to gain by drafting him. Let see if Gase, can develop  him into a productive receiver.

Were all other GMs wrong with DK Metcalf last year?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

That's kind of an insane argument.   Guys that go behind other guys turn out better all the time. 

• Like 2

I think at the least he'll be better than Anderson.

He was 20 pounds heavier than Anderson and only ran .02 seconds slower. Plus had a much better 3-cone.  He has the ability to make catches we been wishing Anderson could make or be physical.

Anderson just annoyed me with how he thought he was a top 10 WR when he was a 700 yard guy who was soft and rarely helped a QB. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

I think at the least he'll be better than Anderson.

He was 20 pounds heavier than Anderson and only ran .02 seconds slower. Plus had a much better 3-cone.  He has the ability to make catches we been wishing Anderson could make or be physical.

Anderson just annoyed me with how he thought he was a top 10 WR when he was a 700 yard guy who was soft and rarely helped a QB. 

I don't agree with your assessment but its fine

I wish we could have seen Perriman, Robby, Mims, & Crowder :fire: