2.62 - AJ Dillon [RB; Boston College]

CWood21

2 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I'm pretty sure that LaFleur wanted his own Derrick Henry.

Why?  His usage of Henry when he was OC for the Titans was putrid.  Lewis was his goal line back for 3/4 of the season until Derrick Henry bailed him out.  Henry was burred on LaFluer's bench for 3/4 of the season.

I love this board. I come here to read the insane overreactions not only during the game day threads and FA but most importantly the draft.

Lets break this down in simple terms:

1) We're not going to sign Aaron Jones to a mega extension. We’re just not. Rarely is a RB a worth it. He’s awesome, but we need his replacement eventually. Found it.

2) Having a plethora of RBs is never a bad thing. Look what the 49ers just did to us 2x WITHOUT their #1 on the depth chart. 

3) Aron Rodgr is not getting any younger and shouldn’t be throwing the ball almost 600 times a year. Keep him fresh because we're going to need him to close out games and win in the playoffs.

4) Here’s a secret all you draft lovers don’t want to admit...extreme talent and value can come out of nowhere. “Tom Brady in the 6th round” yadda yadda. But seriously, we have a TON of mid and early round draft picks simply disappear or get cut or never perform. 

R-E-L-A-X

• Like 6

1 minute ago, SSG said:

Right.  He's going to be a 3rd string RB best case.  He's a plodder that offers nothing as a receiver.  No where near the runner that Jones is and he doesn't have the intangibles that Williams has.  Unless we lose a RB to injury,  he doesn't offer anything for next season.

Williams is a jag and nothing more. Pointing out his "intangibles" is just silly. Dillon can be special and he does jump out on tape. Super fun to watch how strong he is. 

• Like 3

Just now, Outpost31 said:

Aaron Jones 208 pounds, 4.56 second 40.
AJ Dillon 247 pounds, 4.53 second 40.

39 pounds heavier, .03 seconds faster.

I don't think anyone is going to miss Aaron Jones after this year. 

Aaron Jones is the man. Don't be disrespectful. Even though he's likely gone, I think a lot of us will miss the guy

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

Aaron Jones 208 pounds, 4.56 second 40.
AJ Dillon 247 pounds, 4.53 second 40.

39 pounds heavier, .03 seconds faster.

I don't think anyone is going to miss Aaron Jones after this year. 

But but but but we need to draft our Randy Moss to fix all our problems with one pick...

Just now, Slinky said:

We were 1 win away from the Super Bowl, and our idiot front office is drafting for 5 years down the road. LMAO. 

You'll be singing a different tune if either Rodgers or Jones get hurt. 

And you'll be singing a different tune once Aaron Jones gets paid 12 million per year for a different team and turns into Leveon Bell in New York. 

• Like 1