2.62 - AJ Dillon [RB; Boston College]

CWood21

22 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Keep trolling and you'll be gone. 

Aw, let him be Ray.  It's good therapy to watch something blowing in the wind.  Give us the liberty to use the ignore button.

Edited by Dubz41

1 minute ago, Dubz41 said:

Aw, let him be Ray.  It's good therapy to watch something blowing in the wind.  Give us the liberty to use the ignore button.

Didn't even know we had an ignore button.  Sometimes a person would like to use it but what fun would that be unless they are really a dumb as..

2 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

Didn't even know we had an ignore button.  Sometimes a person would like to use it but what fun would that be unless they are really a dumb as..

It can give temporary relief.  Especially on Mondays.

Dillon is good, I don't understand the Henry comparison or Cosell's need to constantly undermine Henry (he does the same on TN sports radio).  They aren't that similar.  I like to complain, but it honestly was a good pick and I can see how he'll make the offense harder to deal with.

I feel like the whole reason people are down on Dillon are:

1) BC's passing offense was well below average for a college offense (they averaged like 176 yards/game through the air) so we didn't see him catch or block much.
2) He's not the sort of home run threat that gets people excited- the kind of guy who can turn 20 yard runs into 60 yard touchdowns.

Because honestly there's no part of football for which being large, fast, and unusually agile for your size in addition to being highly productive in college is not a positive.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I feel like the whole reason people are down on Dillon are:

1) BC's passing offense was well below average for a college offense (they averaged like 176 yards/game through the air) so we didn't see him catch or block much.
2) He's not the sort of home run threat that gets people excited- the kind of guy who can turn 20 yard runs into 60 yard touchdowns.

Because honestly there's no part of football for which being large, fast, and unusually agile for your size in addition to being highly productive in college is not a positive.

After the initial disappointment of not addressing another need, I think everyone is in agreement that Dillon is going to be a beast.

On 4/29/2020 at 6:20 AM, HighCalebR said:

But you dont get to re-sign him and you dont get a comp pick. If you could recoup some of that value.. Im not as certain as I was the other night but I still am not sure.

If you want to argue, a bunch of 2nd rounders dont work out and we got any production at all, yeah I can see how it was worth it. If your expectations for a 2nd are higher than that I dont know if you can say it was great.

Lacy's first two seasons made him worth his draft pick, even if we got nothing else from him at all.  Would it have changed people's mind if he had gotten a career ending injury instead of being out of shape and not really wanting to play football? 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Lacy's first two seasons made him worth his draft pick, even if we got nothing else from him at all.  Would it have changed people's mind if he had gotten a career ending injury instead of being out of shape and not really wanting to play football? 

Dalvin Cook posts a 800 rush 200 receiving year and retires. Good pick for the vikings?

9 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

Dalvin Cook posts a 800 rush 200 receiving year and retires. Good pick for the vikings?

Probably not.  His production was too spread out.  Lacy was putting up 1300 total yards and 12 TDs over those two seasons.  The guy made the Pro Bowl as a rookie.  He was 8th in the league in rushing and 3rd in TDs.  The next season he was 7th in rushing and 3rd in TDs.  Cook's third season is equal to Lacy's rookie and sophomore campaigns.  If Cook has a repeat of 2019, then retires, sure he is worth the 2nd round pick, IMO.

Who are our best 2nd rounders? Greg Jennings, Chad Clifton, Jordy Nelson?

Who are our worst 2nd rounders? Pat Lee, Josh Jones, Jason Spriggs?

Lacy is somewhere in the middle.  You would like to have more.  But he was a very productive short term player.  And not a complete bust.  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Probably not.  His production was too spread out.  Lacy was putting up 1300 total yards and 12 TDs over those two seasons.  The guy made the Pro Bowl as a rookie.  He was 8th in the league in rushing and 3rd in TDs.  The next season he was 7th in rushing and 3rd in TDs.  Cook's third season is equal to Lacy's rookie and sophomore campaigns.  If Cook has a repeat of 2019, then retires, sure he is worth the 2nd round pick, IMO.

Who are our best 2nd rounders? Greg Jennings, Chad Clifton, Jordy Nelson?

Who are our worst 2nd rounders? Pat Lee, Josh Jones, Jason Spriggs?

Lacy is somewhere in the middle.  You would like to have more.  But he was a very productive short term player.  And not a complete bust.  

I'd consider Lacy a solid 2nd round pick even if the position wasn't.

Edited by Arthur Penske