2.62 - AJ Dillon [RB; Boston College]

CWood21

22 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I have decided that it is meaningless to draft an IDL after the first round.  Looking at it, the success rate of IDL that last into the second round has to be among the worst at any position.  And even when they do hit, it’s not until year three or four.

Mike Daniels!

11 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I was just comparing running style.  Dillon may be an all time great.  He may not gain a single yard.  I wasn't making any kind of prediction.

You can't do that on this site. You mention any name regarding any prospect, football or basketball, and they take it as you're saying he is that player. When I do my stuff, I see who they model their games after and who they remind me of based on that style. It's never meant to be a direct comparison. Like, when I watched Tyler Harvey, a basketball player from Eastern Washington, I saw a left handed Steph Curry. It doesn't mean I thought he'd be the greatest shooter of all-time lol. Just means that he moves and plays like Steph does. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, sshle_ said:

I just don't see how incompetent BC would be to not use Dillion out of the backfield as a receiver. You get your best guys the ball at all times. We will see how well he is at catching it

Wisconsin didn't use Jonathan Taylor in the passing game until last year. Sometimes, archaic coaching happens. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sshle_ said:

I just don't see how incompetent BC would be to not use Dillion out of the backfield as a receiver. You get your best guys the ball at all times. We will see how well he is at catching it

The scout said he caught the ball well in practice. Not his fault the offense didn’t use that wrinkle. He was the wrinkle. 

• Like 2

On 5/15/2020 at 7:41 PM, ThatJerkDave said:

I feel really good about the RB room this year.  In fact, I think we are going to have to cut some good ones even.  Jones and Williams have both been capable starters, and we added Dillon.  I also really like Damarea Crockett and Patrick Taylor.  We also spent a 6th on Dexter Williams just last year.  And re-signing Tyler Ervin.  I think this is the best I have felt about the RB room since the days of Ahman Green, Najeh Davenport, and Tony Fisher.  Of course, I also liked the combo of Lacy and Starks, shows what I know :D 

Dillon probably doesn't get a huge workload this season.

Dillon probably doesn't get a huge workload in 2021 either. We drafted him as a role player to offset Jones' skill-set and I strongly feel Dillon will make the best of it. Dillon's the kind of guy that will wear your DL down with body blows. I can't stress enough how strongly I feel about him being the kinda guy you stick in the line-up late in the game because you've worn the other team down and you need to ice the game. He can and WILL do that and much more. 

As for the rest of the room, I completely agree with you. "Excited" wouldn't be a word I'd use, but can certainly buy the hype. I can't see Crockett and Taylor making the team. Taylor's got Alex Green minus the straight-line speed written all over him. Not sure what I think about Crockett. He doesn't seem to have an extra gear from what I saw of him on tape, but he IS a bigger back at 224; doesn't play like hit IMO. I think D. Williams outshines them both mainly because he's got an extra year in MLF's system more than anything. He had his rookie moments during TC last year, but I felt his overall showing was pretty good. I think he could eventually emerge as a RB3 and may even overtake J. Williams on the roster at some point of J. Williams' performance begins to sag.

Hot take: AJ Dillon can be Jerome Bettis if he plays his cards right...

9 minutes ago, Joe said:

Dillon probably doesn't get a huge workload in 2021 either. We drafted him as a role player to offset Jones' skill-set and I strongly feel Dillon will make the best of it. Dillon's the kind of guy that will wear your DL down with body blows. I can't stress enough how strongly I feel about him being the kinda guy you stick in the line-up late in the game because you've worn the other team down and you need to ice the game. He can and WILL do that and much more. 

As for the rest of the room, I completely agree with you. "Excited" wouldn't be a word I'd use, but can certainly buy the hype. I can't see Crockett and Taylor making the team. Taylor's got Alex Green minus the straight-line speed written all over him. Not sure what I think about Crockett. He doesn't seem to have an extra gear from what I saw of him on tape, but he IS a bigger back at 224; doesn't play like hit IMO. I think D. Williams outshines them both mainly because he's got an extra year in MLF's system more than anything. He had his rookie moments during TC last year, but I felt his overall showing was pretty good. I think he could eventually emerge as a RB3 and may even overtake J. Williams on the roster at some point of J. Williams' performance begins to sag.

Hot take: AJ Dillon can be Jerome Bettis if he plays his cards right...

Like the running backs ... can't keep the two Williams straight; one has to go.  :D

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

Like the running backs ... can't keep the two Williams straight; one has to go.  :D

Honestly, I was hoping we'd go back-to-back with RB's, but Darrynton Evans got snatched up the pick before Deguara was selected. Evans is going to be a star in this league if he can get some extra touches from Henry.

I have no problems with this pick. I don't have a problem with the Love pick or grabbing a TE in the 3rd round. But to come away from this draft without a receiver in the first two or three rounds is inexcusable. They needed to make that a priority, and they didn't. 

33 minutes ago, Skippy said:

I have no problems with this pick. I don't have a problem with the Love pick or grabbing a TE in the 3rd round. But to come away from this draft without a receiver in the first two or three rounds is inexcusable. They needed to make that a priority, and they didn't. 

Why?

1 hour ago, Skippy said:

After Mims and Shenault were gone in Round two adding any of the remaining wide receivers was not going to upgrade the current WR group. So I was unsure of the first two picks but understand them after more thought. It was more shock than disappointment when the picks were made. 

1 minute ago, CrazyJoeDavola said:

After Mims and Shenault were gone in Round two adding any of the remaining wide receivers was not going to upgrade the current WR group. So I was unsure of the first two picks but understand them after more thought. It was more shock than disappointment when the picks were made. 

I was pretty crushed when Mims went off the board a few picks before us in round two.  I had a feeling he would have been the pick if he was there, but who knows?