2.62 - AJ Dillon [RB; Boston College]

CWood21

Just now, Spartacus said:

Someone smack LaFleur with a newspaper if we ever see him run Jones instead of Dillon on the short yardage conversion attempts again. 

The nice thing about MLF is he seems to be able to learn from his mistakes, unlike a certain other coach we used to have. Happy Holidays!

Me and a group of friends that were excited for AJD in the draft started an agreement after he got back from COVID: 10 squats every touch.  I knew I would get some work yesterday but he was putting the hurt on the Titans and my quads. It was great to see him step right up in a game that he was born to play in.  

Finding the right balance between the 3 will not be a simple task but you’ve got to feed 28 some more. We all remember what happened when a fresh legged James Starks came in late in 2010.  

46 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

For what Williams does we can definitely get by with and still have a really explosive offense. And it's not like Williams can't run routes down the field and make plays in the passing game. 

https://www.nfl.com/videos/reach-jamaal-williams-extends-for-29-yard-sideline-catch

Obviously Jones is more versatile and more explosive, but we shouldn't fall into the trap of paying Jones big time money when we can have cheaper still effective backs like Williams and just drafting Dillon in the 2nd round. 

I think 7-8 is fair for Jones (Eckler money, not big time). Like I said before, with AJ it is about price.

6 minutes ago, pacman5252 said:

I think 7-8 is fair for Jones (Eckler money, not big time). Like I said before, with AJ it is about price.

Eh that would be an extreme home town discount if he actually took that. Looking at the contracts given out to Cook, Kamara and CMC, he's looking at around 12-15.

Edited by Gopackgonerd

18 minutes ago, pacman5252 said:

this would be super low for Jones IMO.  only way i could see him taking that kind of money would be if it was nearly fully guaranteed and if he took a very short-term deal expecting the salary cap to go back up in the near future so he can cash-in on his big pay day.  i doubt this happens even with the cap going down.