2020 Round 3, Pick 66: Washington Redskins select WR Antonio Gibson, Memphis

Personally, I love the pick.

This dude is scary everytime he touched the ball.

It gives us a weapon teams will have to account for.

Him on the field with McLaurin, Guice?

Wow!

And yes, he should be used primarily as a wideout. 

Dude runs a 4.37 40.

But looks faster on the football field. Not just running down a track.

Absolutely love this pick!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ovfd55 said:

I like the Idea of the the pick,as a offense that had trouble scoring last season getting a guy that has a chance  go to the house every time he touches it is a good thing.

Think he's a great fit in Turner's offense,will see him in motion a lot I think.

In a Vacuum I like the pick,but knowing our needs and who was left it makes me wonder about what the coaches see looking at the roster compared to what I see.

There are more holes on this team (top to bottom) that need to be filled that can be filled in one off-season, maybe two.  The focus needs to be on getting top end talent right now, regardless of position.  I know folks want TE, but the draft and FA, aside from overpaying Austin Hooper, isn't good at all, and we didn't have any announced visits with any TEs to begin with.  I like this approach.  

Also, I think the Redskins have traditionally done poorly developing these kind of players, but Rivera and the coaches here have actually done a great job of developing and utilizing these guys, so I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt from that perspective. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lavar703 said:

If they play him at receiver this makes more sense. If he lines up primarily in the backfield then I absolutely hate this pick. There was just too much talent that could help this team at areas of need to make a pick like this. 

I think he takes Sims spot.

This guys is a phenomenal athlete! He breaks tackles in the open field, outruns guys and it seems like you can't get him down. He reminds me of a.faster Garcon who also was a raw route runner coming out of Mount Union but worked hard and developed into a good starting WR w/in a few years. Here's to hoping AGG could do the same!

The only reason I'm down on him is he chose to go to Memphis over WVU! Wvu could’ve definitely used him the last two years!

Edited by turtle28

10 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

This guys is a phenomenal athlete! He breaks tackles in the open field, outruns guys and it seems like you can't get him down. He reminds me of a.faster Garcon who also was a raw route runner coming out of Mount Union but worked hard and developed into a good starting WR w/in a few years. Here's to hoping AGG could do the same!

The only reason I'm down on him is he chose to go to Memphis over WVU! Wvu could’ve definitely used him the last two years!

For his speed, it is crazy how he can shed tackles.  

Watching that video, I forgot how badly he torched Navy.  There was that TD pass where he took the top off the defense, and then the crazy jumping catch.  They were keyed on him, and a big reason why Memphis ended up playing in the AAC title game instead of Navy.  That TD catch broke our backs. 

After watching film on him I actually love this pick as a third rounder. I thought at the time that I preferred Lynn Bowden Jr. But Gibson has a size and speed combo that is rare. I think he will be used a lot like Randall Cobb Was in the beginning of his pro career. Lots of motioning, screens, drag routes, and carries on jet sweeps and reverses. Having a weapon like this is good for Haskins and opens up the field for McLaurin. 

Worry too much about McLaurin over too and a guy like Gibson can kill you underneath on bubble screens. 

Edited by Umbaugh21
  • Like 1

This is a good breakdown of Scott Turner's style of play-calling.  It really brings home how electric this offense can be.

McLaurin / Sims / Gibson / McKissic / Love

All these guys have the ability to line up out of the backfield or out wide and cause uncertainty and confusion for a defense with pre-snap motions and shifts.

Edited by HTTRDynasty