2020 Round 3, Pick 66: Washington Redskins select WR Antonio Gibson, Memphis

23 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

That’s about what you’d hope or expect. And we have other young guys who can rotate and they have their own traits to just add even more of a dynamic to this attack. It’s all reliant on good OL play and Haskins taking steps along with Terry improving. But if Guice and Love are healthy there’s some real bright talented weapons. We shall see paper always looks good. This group has to show it

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Thanks man, Michael Haas does good work. I’ve always enjoyed discussing football with him on Twitter. Kinda shows you right there how these guys could be used together. It’s going to be impossible for defenses to cover.

39 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

That’s about what you’d hope or expect. And we have other young guys who can rotate and they have their own traits to just add even more of a dynamic to this attack. It’s all reliant on good OL play and Haskins taking steps along with Terry improving. But if Guice and Love are healthy there’s some real bright talented weapons. We shall see paper always looks good. This group has to show it

There’s other pieces too we have that fit in those roles like obviously Harmon will be a WR on some plays - he may or may not be a starter - then there’s McKissic who is like Chris Thompson as a RB & receiver and then, the other TEs too. 

I mean our young TEs from last year have to show they can play better but Hentges flashed like Sprinkle, obviously we added Rogers & Thomas but as I keep saying too, don’t sleep on Caleb Wilson. Wilson is a WR in a TEs body.

I think Wilson is a better receiving prospect than Moss but Moss is the better blocker. Wilson can run WR routes and he could be a good option for the HB/FB position, it’s between he and Moss for that IMO but Moss can also be an in-line TE but isn’t as great at that bc he doesn’t haven’t the length for blocking that Rogers, Thomas, Sprinkle and Hentges do.

Edited by turtle28

11 hours ago, 4209 said:

Question for you Guys. Can anyone name the last RB we drafted from the University of Memphis.  

Yeah, I had to look it up too like nap.  I still don’t know who that guy is! Haha 🤣 Did you know of him before?

Edited by turtle28

In 1983 Bobby Beathard drafted Richard Williams (U Memphis) That's the yr we drafted Darrell Green and big Charlie (Mann) and QB Babe Laufenberg who ended up broadcasting the Cowboys game here in Big D. In the 2nd rd and in 1970 we drafted Danny Pierce (Memphis) and Manny Sistrunk (DT). Pierce and Williams never made it in the NFL.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, 4209 said:

In 1983 Bobby Beathard drafted Richard Williams (U Memphis) That's the yr we drafted Darrell Green and big Charlie (Mann) and QB Babe Laufenberg who ended up broadcasting the Cowboys game here in Big D. In the 2nd rd and in 1970 we drafted Danny Pierce (Memphis) and Manny Sistrunk (DT). Pierce and Williams never made it in the NFL.

I'm surprised Bethard didn't get fired, he only hit on two players in the draft?? I kid, I kid! Haha 😂 

7 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I'm surprised Bethard didn't get fired, he only hit on two players in the draft?? I kid, I kid! Haha 😂 

Back then it was much more of a crapshoot than it is now.  

Baseball's draft used to be the wild west before the wild west.  With all of the technology now at the disposal of many front offices, you are seeing them hit on more draft picks than ever before.  

But these are still crapshoots until they face top talent every game. 

3 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Back then it was much more of a crapshoot than it is now.  

Baseball's draft used to be the wild west before the wild west.  With all of the technology now at the disposal of many front offices, you are seeing them hit on more draft picks than ever before.  

But these are still crapshoots until they face top talent every game. 

Yes, but it was a joke. ^_^

Fans and reporters only began considering Antonio Gibson’s fit with Washington’s offense since Friday night when the Redskins used a third-round pick on the Memphis playmaker.

Offensive coordinator Scott Turner commenced conjuring up plays for the explosive talent following January’s Senior Bowl.

All those folks are only catching up to coaches who started considering Gibson’s usage since long ago.

While some scouts view the 66th pick for Gibson as “rich,” one team considered grabbing the versatile back in the second round. At least four teams, including an NFC East rival, were targeting Gibson later in the third. Washington disappointed them with the selection, a choice that now allows it to plot out Gibson’s future usage.

https://theathletic.com/1785373/2020/04/30/redskins-four-downs-trent-williamss-true-deadline-value-kyle-smith-stays-cool/

• Like 1

On 5/6/2020 at 6:31 PM, HTTRDynasty said:

Wouldn't be surprised if that was Philadelphia.  

It seems like the Chase Young, Gibson and Saadiq Charles draft picks were all penciled in months ago from comments and anecdotes coming out following the draft.  It really worked out for us as we planned it, it seems.  

• Like 2