2020 Round 3, Pick 66: Washington Redskins select WR Antonio Gibson, Memphis

8 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Wouldn't be surprised if that was Philadelphia.  

It seems like the Chase Young, Gibson and Saadiq Charles draft picks were all penciled in months ago from comments and anecdotes coming out following the draft.  It really worked out for us as we planned it, it seems.  

Yeah my buddy Told me I’m so dialed in to what he’s doing. I’ve done mocks the last 4 and called out atleast 3 of our top 4 picks in each of those drafts. Not always the picks I would make but I agree with most of them. I really like this class. I just think these last two are really going to be the turning point when we look back 5 years from now. I’ve been wrong before so I’ll admit it but I believe in this staff and these players

Edited by ripsean21
  • Like 1

Yeah it’s pretty clear that when you get the ball in his hands, Gibson makes plays, just like Steven Sims. I still can’t believe that Gruden didn’t use Sims more the first month of the year before he was canned. I guess that probably came down to Gruden just wanting Quinn to be the answer in the slot rather than opening his eyes to the fact that Sims was a more explosive player.

Edited by turtle28

5 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Was going to say I don’t see much Kamara in him, but I took a few minutes to go back and watch Kamara in college and it’s a little better comp than I figured it was. Kamara has that same quality where he gets up to full speed quality and is very effective at full speed. 

Kamara has always had the gift of exceptional vision, even dating back to UT, and I just don’t we’ve seen enough of Gibson with the ball in his hands (especially out of the backfield) to make a real determination on his vision. And I think Kamara moves better than Gibson — more fluid moving laterally especially, whereas I really see Gibson as being upright and a little stiff. 

But I do think Gibson is straight-line faster than Kamara, and he’s clearly bigger. I’d actually like to see him drop a little weight (down to 215-220). Kind of exciting to think about some similarities there though.

• Like 2

The similarity that sticks out to me between Kamara and Gibson is that they both have outstanding contact balance. I think Kamara and Kareem Hunt have the best contact balance in the league. If Gibson can carry that into his pro career like those guys (all former 3rd round picks), I think he can be pretty special. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

The similarity that sticks out to me between Kamara and Gibson is that they both have outstanding contact balance. I think Kamara and Kareem Hunt have the best contact balance in the league. If Gibson can carry that into his pro career like those guys (all former 3rd round picks), I think he can be pretty special. 

Yeah, I’d even take him being 1/2 of what Kamara & McCaffery are. If he’s that, then he’s a bigger - hopefully more durable - version of CT or maybe even a guy we use as both a receiving RB and WR like an Eric Metcalf? 

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I really like Wright, but unless he can stick on teams, his skill set is just too similar to Gibson's that I don't think they keep him.  Could be a good PS option though. 

It’s going to be an interesting cut down for TE and WR especially. At WR we have 4 what I would consider locks:

• Terry, Harmon, Sims Jr and AGG

Then, as we’ve discussed we have Quinn, Cam Sims, Kidsay, Wright, Hall, Jon Johnson and a few others.

Also, seeing as McKissic & Gibson can play some WR, do we keep 6 WRs this year or do we keep 5 RBs & 5 WRs? And, do we keep 3 TEs or 4? Do we make Moss into a Cooley/Sellers type player where he’s a FB/H-back rather than a full time inline TE?

Me personally, if Wright shows to be a better WR prospect than Quinn, Cam Sims & say Hall, then, Wright should make the team. I don’t care if Wright is a similar prospect to Gibson, we should want the best prospects/players are on the 53 man roster.

I’d like Cam Sims to win the 5th WR spot bc of his size but if Quinn, Wright or Hall are better then they should make it over Cam as the 5th WR and Cam can go back on the practice squad.

The only TE I consider a lock is Logan Thomas bc we gave him a multi-year deal but even he is not necessarily a lock to make the roster IMO. Again, if the younger guys and/or Rogers show better than Thomas, they should make the team over him.

Edited by turtle28

• 1 month later...