3.68 Ashtyn Davis

Bobby816

18 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

So maybe this whole thing is a beef over drafting Davis to replace Adams?

I honestly believe JD wanted Adams to be a "jet for life" until he heard his contract demands.  JD does not strike me as someone who will break the bank for any player (except QB maybe).  His idea, like all sustainable good teams, is to draft replacements before it gets to high salary demands.  Think Pittsburgh and NE.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, xrade said:

I honestly believe JD wanted Adams to be a "jet for life" until he heard his contract demands.  JD does not strike me as someone who will break the bank for any player (except QB maybe).  His idea, like all sustainable good teams, is to draft replacements before it gets to high salary demands.  Think Pittsburgh and NE.  

He learned from Ozzie who learned from Belichick. It's the way to build sustainable success. Belichick would have shipped Adams to the CFL if he could. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

He learned from Ozzie who learned from Belichick. It's the way to build sustainable success. Belichick would have shipped Adams to the CFL if he could. 

Belichick would trade him after 2 seasons. Too much talk about FA helps would get him booted from Jets automatically.

Ozzie's part.. I don't remember if anyone had even disputed with Ravens.  Not small thing but big one.

51 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Yes but it helps when you have the track record of Ozzie and Belichick to implement that style.  JD is a rookie.  While I do love the culture he's establishing and drafting in his type of personalities will make it work, you can't just tell a superstar sorry we drafted someone in the 3rd round to replace to because you'll be expensive.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Yes but it helps when you have the track record of Ozzie and Belichick to implement that style.  JD is a rookie.  While I do love the culture he's establishing and drafting in his type of personalities will make it work, you can't just tell a superstar sorry we drafted someone in the 3rd round to replace to because you'll be expensive.

He never said nor implied that. 

1 hour ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

You quoted xrade who was talking about drafting replacements. 

I was referencing drafting for future needs so you’re never in a position with a major hole. Douglas learned that from Ozzie who learned from Belichick.

Then I Said Belichick would have shipped Adams out the league if he could, that stuff doesn’t fly up there and isn’t conducive to winning. 

Two separate thoughts so I understand the confusion. 

13 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

I was referencing drafting for future needs so you’re never in a position with a major hole. Douglas learned that from Ozzie who learned from Belichick.

Then I Said Belichick would have shipped Adams out the league if he could, that stuff doesn’t fly up there and isn’t conducive to winning. 

Two separate thoughts so I understand the confusion. 

I'm in agreement but JD also needs to build a resume like Belichick so he can justify shipping out All Pro talents and replacing them with a 3rd rounder.

Remember what happened when we drafted Dee Milliner? xD

13 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

I'm in agreement but JD also needs to build a resume like Belichick so he can justify shipping out All Pro talents and replacing them with a 3rd rounder.

Remember what happened when we drafted Dee Milliner? xD

I do not believe JD drafted a 3rd round S to replace Adams or Maye just yet.  It was more of a "lets get a safety with some upside in case we can't keep Adams and/or Maye".  Or it could have been "lets try a cover 3".  Point is, if you see a future hole developing, spend a Day 2 or 3 pick and try to catch lightning in a bottle when the time comes.  I do not believe it was anything more nefarious than that.  Good GM's see future holes, bad GM's draft IDL year after year and overpay for FA.  But I digress. 

However, I do agree that JD has not yet earned his wings.

• Like 1

On 6/23/2020 at 11:39 AM, xrade said:

my problem with this is that Adams himself has said they've never discussed numbers.  I think Jamal's taking advice from his agent and his agent is failing him.  Any information on numbers most likely is leaked or thrown out there by his agent, who seems to be poisoning JA's mind. 

• Like 1