Sign in to follow this  
ny92mike

OT Matt Peart selected by Giants 3.99

Let's hope Dallas doesn't take our center.....

Trades taking place now.

One of 2. Cushenberry or Biadasz.. Or a wild card... TE Hunter Bryant or Adam Trautman

Protect the assets.

but my defense 😭😭😭

I don’t like Peart here. 
Would have preferred Troy Dye, Nick Harris, Gandy-Golden, or Davis-Gaither.  We have to go Harris in 4th if he’s there.

Posted (edited)

Um.. Peart?.. Really???.. He takes a developmental tackle??? Bad move. Dont agree with this. This pick couldve easily waited. We need a center. And this pick was more effective for a center. Loved McKinney but a developmental tackle here is a wasted pick

Edited by Giants4eva

Well it was fun while it lasted...haha.

Peart isn't bad just on a bad team.  Probably could have landed him in the 6th or even 7th but is what it is.

DG working the board, and I'm a fan. No reason to reach on a center here. I didnt watch Peart, but guys I respect are super high on him. It's also super encouraging that Colombo and Garrett pointed him out as someone they wanted to work with. 

We may have gotten our future bookends in one draft, which would be more valuable than I could express in a post. 

Let's grab Tyler Johnson early tomorrow and lock this thing down. 

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Well it was fun while it lasted...haha.

Peart isn't bad just on a bad team.  Probably could have landed him in the 6th or even 7th but is what it is.

Exactly. And exactly why this was a wasted pick

Edited by Giants4eva

Those site resources seems bogus to me.  He was listed pretty low in drafttek as that was my source for my draft workbook.  Just saying you may want to check the source but honestly from what ive watched on him is he does a decent job when he gets his mittens on you.  However that gets him in trouble to with the quicker edge guys as they just pull him over and because of his height he can't recover and just falls forward at his waistline.  He does better in space which is maybe why they drafted him here.  Hes coachable for sure.  

Perhaps the pick was more for future line work giving a solid year to develop.

I don't hate the pick and had cushenberry been there we probably would have drafted him.  But its a o line pick so I'm good with it.  Just had centered earmarked for this pick.

Basically the kid is going to have to learn how to play the position all over again...learn different techniques due to his height.  But could easily see him as a starter just not this year.

8 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Those site resources seems bogus to me.  He was listed pretty low in drafttek as that was my source for my draft workbook.  Just saying you may want to check the source but honestly from what ive watched on him is he does a decent job when he gets his mittens on you.  However that gets him in trouble to with the quicker edge guys as they just pull him over and because of his height he can't recover and just falls forward at his waistline.  He does better in space which is maybe why they drafted him here.  Hes coachable for sure.  

Perhaps the pick was more for future line work giving a solid year to develop.

I don't hate the pick and had cushenberry been there we probably would have drafted him.  But its a o line pick so I'm good with it.  Just had centered earmarked for this pick.

What center was a better pick than Peart here? If Hennessy or Cushenberry were available, I'd agree with you. We all know you dont draft for need. 

FWIW, Jim Nagy, Emory, Dave Syvertsen, PFF, and Tony Pauline all love the pick. I havent seen him going in the 6th-7th anywhere. 

2 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

What center was a better pick than Peart here? If Hennessy or Cushenberry were available, I'd agree with you. We all know you dont draft for need. 

FWIW, Jim Nagy, Emory, Dave Syvertsen, PFF, and Tony Pauline all love the pick. I havent seen him going in the 6th-7th anywhere. 

Did you look at drafttek?

Besides its my opinion I have of what ive seen not someone else...when do the "experts" get it right every time?...