OT Matt Peart selected by Giants 3.99

ny92mike

Just now, minutemancl said:

I've never heard of drafttek.

Look...lol.

Ive heard of Mel kiper and I still ask why he still has a job.  

Sorry man...im personally not a fan but like I said I don't dislike it either...  Kid probably turns into a starter.  Just don't see it happening this year.

1 minute ago, ny92mike said:

Look...lol.

Ive heard of Mel kiper and I still ask why he still has a job.  

Sorry man...im personally not a fan but like I said I don't dislike it either...  Kid probably turns into a starter.  Just don't see it happening this year.

It won't happen this year, and it isn't supposed to. Hes not starting over Solder or Thomas. DG and Judge admitted he was a developmental guy, but he's a developmental guy who still played well in college. 

You don't have to be a fan. I was just pointing out people who disagree with your assessment of 6-7th round pick for Peart. Nobody is gonna get it right on every one of these guys, but this wasn't a consensus late round guy. He was top 100 on the boards of most people I follow. 

24 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Those site resources seems bogus to me.  He was listed pretty low in drafttek as that was my source for my draft workbook.  Just saying you may want to check the source but honestly from what ive watched on him is he does a decent job when he gets his mittens on you.  However that gets him in trouble to with the quicker edge guys as they just pull him over and because of his height he can't recover and just falls forward at his waistline.  He does better in space which is maybe why they drafted him here.  Hes coachable for sure.  

Perhaps the pick was more for future line work giving a solid year to develop.

I don't hate the pick and had cushenberry been there we probably would have drafted him.  But its a o line pick so I'm good with it.  Just had centered earmarked for this pick.

Lol, how are the links to mocks drafts bogus?

I said it was drafttek that listed him late and you still havent looked.  It was not my assessment it was just the value range that site had him at.  Just making a statement followed by my assessment of him and why I could see them taking him where they did.  So it sounds like we agree.

2 minutes ago, Acgott said:

Lol, how are the links to mocks drafts bogus?

Jesus Christ man did I just not explain it all?

I used drafttek...a listed site with a high ranking but when I pulled that list of names from drafttek to create my rankings for the draft board doc that I do every year had him ranked low.

I didn't rank him low they did attack them not the messenger....gd.

At least you know I read the article you posted.  If all those other sites are legit rankings from the site then excellent news.  

I think the kid will develop into a starter so I'm good with it.  

Feel like you two got all fired up over nothing as we seem to all agree on his potential.

50 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Those site resources seems bogus to me.  He was listed pretty low in drafttek as that was my source for my draft workbook.  Just saying you may want to check the source but honestly from what ive watched on him is he does a decent job when he gets his mittens on you.  However that gets him in trouble to with the quicker edge guys as they just pull him over and because of his height he can't recover and just falls forward at his waistline.  He does better in space which is maybe why they drafted him here.  Hes coachable for sure.  

Perhaps the pick was more for future line work giving a solid year to develop.

I don't hate the pick and had cushenberry been there we probably would have drafted him.  But its a o line pick so I'm good with it.  Just had centered earmarked for this pick.

What do you think? -- Biadasz in rd 4 if he makes it to us? 

1 minute ago, JStar221 said:

What do you think? -- Biadasz in rd 4 if he makes it to us? 

Hard to say...wasnt expecting rt this early figured they would of used a 5th or 6th to draft a developmental tackle and with all my favorite edge guys off the board I'm in the dark.

What you thinking?

Just now, ny92mike said:

Hard to say...wasnt expecting rt this early figured they would of used a 5th or 6th to draft a developmental tackle and with all my favorite edge guys off the board I'm in the dark.

What you thinking?

I think we need a center. Actually we have a lot of needs but our starting center will be Pulley with a poor backup. If Pulley (or the following year Halapio) is the answer then I don''t want to hear the question. So I would want Biadasz. But ofc if teams feel his injury will continually affect him or if he doesn't fit into their scheme. 

Can also look ot get a LB Curtis Weaver or Gaither. 

CB  Bryce Hall, Troy Pride, Darnay Holmes, Amik Robertson. 

WR Peoples-Jones 

5 hours ago, ny92mike said:

Well it was fun while it lasted...haha.

Peart isn't bad just on a bad team.  Probably could have landed him in the 6th or even 7th but is what it is.

Peart would’ve been gone by 110. 

Edited by YogiBiz

4 hours ago, ny92mike said:

Besides its my opinion I have of what ive seen not someone else...when do the "experts" get it right every time?...  

Peart’s problem isn’t his completely technical though. He actually is really good in pass pro. Doesn’t waste steps in his drops and is really effective at riding edge guys out of plays. He has good movement ability, and not just cause he is athletic. He takes the right angles. His issue is how bad his hand placement is. He also he weak as puppy piss right now and def needs to add weight and power to his lower half to help his balance issues (just not strong enough to keep his balance from guys with elite strength). Realistically, Peart can also play OG cause this also was his first year as a OT I believe. 

I give this pick a B-. He can back up all over the line year 1, and by year two he can compete to get Solder cut. Or wait another year to take over for Zeitler. This pick has levels to it. And I like that. 

Edited by YogiBiz