OT Matt Peart selected by Giants 3.99

ny92mike

Also looking at the draft next year. We might be wanting one of those centers. Hill (UGA), Lindstorm (Boston College), Humphrey (OU), and Dickerson (Alabama) all have 1st round talent. 

The point of picking Peart was to get a bookend for Thomas they can develop. Solder has two years left on his deal, and could be cut next season depending on Peart’s development. If Peart isn’t ready, we keep Solder for that final year (that isn’t ideal, hopefully Peart is ready by the end of 2020 cause I don’t wanna pay Solder 20.5 Mill lol) 

have I told everyone how much I like DPJ ?

Edited by YogiBiz
  • Like 1

I dont know, i mean i get it. But i just feel this kid couldve been had later on. To me, a center was the area i thought we would address at this pick. I will say this though, if they go Curtis Weaver with our next pick, that id be on board with. Because now i dont see us grabbing any lineman for a while. They may even go skill position next 

31 minutes ago, Giants4eva said:

I dont know, i mean i get it. But i just feel this kid couldve been had later on. To me, a center was the area i thought we would address at this pick. I will say this though, if they go Curtis Weaver with our next pick, that id be on board with. Because now i dont see us grabbing any lineman for a while. They may even go skill position next 

Nah give me DPJ now and Carter Coughlin in the 5th

35 minutes ago, Giants4eva said:

What u guys think of a possible TE selection next ? Guy like Hunter Bryant ? 

I'd be on board with Harrison Bryant. Other than him, nah. I was hoping Trautman would get to us today, but the Saints swooped in. 

Tyler Johnson, Curtis Weaver, Ben Bartch, or Amik Robertson first here please. Preferably Tyler Johnson. He's the perfect under the radar sleeper WR in this draft. I like other guys as well, but one of those guys would be fantastic. 

Just watched the interview with Peart. Saw it on youtube with Papa, Diehl and O'Hara... Man.. this kid is excited to be playing for us. Grew up a Giants fan and was almost speechless during parts of the interview because he's a Giant now.. Im impressed, u can tell he's hungry to play for this team. Im gonna give him a shot, i like what i saw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSj8gWgGK04

• Like 2

I like it. Good developmental prospect. Plenty of tools to coach up. Hometown kid. Wish one of the centers had lasted but that's how it goes sometimes. Tired of never having any developing linemen in the pipeline. 

The dropoff in talent from the beginning of the 3rd to the end was crazy

• Like 1