With the 73rd pick, the Jaguars select DT Davon Hamilton

pwny

4 minutes ago, pwny said:

They called him a Nose Tackle……...

Yep, big space eater. He's very talented.

Truthfully thought after Brown wasn't a thing they'd roll with Woods for now. But the value at this point is there.

Just now, Adrenaline_Flux said:

Both he and Abry can play multiple IDL spots. More versatility being added to the defense while also trying to improve the run defense. I can get behind that.

Yep, think he'll move to big end at times too.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/davon-hamilton/0rMLfjtcnZ

"Davon Hamilton projects as a starting Nose Tackle at the NFL level. Despite one year of starting at Ohio State, Hamilton has excellent polish as a two-gap defender and flashes really surprising skills as a penetration and pressure player. He's an ideal fit as a penetration nose or as a 1T in an even front defense, where he can collapse the pocket or stuff up the middle and allow his 3T one on one looks and a lot of free flow for his linebackers. Should be an NFL starter sooner rather than later. "

1 minute ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

I forgot about Cassius Marsh who is versatile too. Feels like the team has an actual direction it's wanting to go and I'm happy because I love versatile defenses. Open it up. 

3-4 is going to be a thing too.

Definitely feels like they actually have a direction more so than they've had in years. Hopefully that means something.

8 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Yep, big space eater. He's very talented.

Truthfully thought after Brown wasn't a thing they'd roll with Woods for now. But the value at this point is there.

I was more pointing out that other NT types have been called DTs for 4-3 defenses, but they called him a NT. This is the second pick this draft where the player we picked was labeled as a 3-4 nomenclature vs the 4-3 name.

• Like 1