With the 73rd pick, the Jaguars select DT Davon Hamilton

pwny

1 minute ago, pwny said:

I was more pointing out that other NT types have been called DTs for 4-3 defenses, but they called him a NT. This is the second pick this draft where the player we picked was labeled as a 3-4 nomenclature vs the 4-3 name.

Ahh

Yeah, they said in their presser that they're going to be adding a lot of 3-4 concepts.

The Chaisson pick and now adding a legit NT....

Add in the fact Woods can be a NT, Smoot/Gunter may be best in 3-4 end roles. 

I'm starting to wonder if that's the main base D.

Don't mind the pick.  He's got plenty of potential as a versatile interior DL piece who can take up space, occupy blocks...but still has a bit of upside as a pocket pusher.  So that's good stuff.  Not sure it's where i would've gone on the "value" of the position, but it's certainly got the potential to work out as a nice win at a position where we obviously need to get back to restocking the cupboards with talent.

I'm curious how long he'll take to find his feet at the NFL level.  Despite all those years in school, he doesn't necessarily have as much starting experience as you'd expect.  It's a big step up for guys trying to fill that NT role against NFL size, strength, and savvy.  But he also does look on tape, like a fairly "polished" player, all things considered.  We've got stopgap veterans on the interior anyway...who i'm sure will end up starting to begin with.  Until Hamilton is ready.  So that's fine.

6 hours ago, Tugboat said:

Don't mind the pick.  He's got plenty of potential as a versatile interior DL piece who can take up space, occupy blocks...but still has a bit of upside as a pocket pusher.  So that's good stuff.  Not sure it's where i would've gone on the "value" of the position, but it's certainly got the potential to work out as a nice win at a position where we obviously need to get back to restocking the cupboards with talent.

I'm curious how long he'll take to find his feet at the NFL level.  Despite all those years in school, he doesn't necessarily have as much starting experience as you'd expect.  It's a big step up for guys trying to fill that NT role against NFL size, strength, and savvy.  But he also does look on tape, like a fairly "polished" player, all things considered.  We've got stopgap veterans on the interior anyway...who i'm sure will end up starting to begin with.  Until Hamilton is ready.  So that's fine.

I think I'm 3-4 fronts he can play some end too. But yeah, he seemed fairly polished while watching him. I remember him whipping a lot of the OL he faced at the senior bowl too.