Sign in to follow this  
whodatOL

Saints select Zack Baun at #74

Posted (edited)

Welcome to NOLA!

Traded a future 3rd rounder together with our pick at #88. Still got #244 from the Browns. Really like it

Edited by whodatOL

Really really like this pick. Seems like the perfect replacement for Klein. He is a good pass rusher and is good in pass coverage as well. Great for our 4-2-5 package, which seems to be our primary set now.

14 minutes ago, whodatOL said:

Really really like this pick. Seems like the perfect replacement for Klein. He is a good pass rusher and is good in pass coverage as well. Great for our 4-2-5 package, which seems to be our primary set now.

He should do exactly what Klein did for us but better. Really happy with this pick.

Posted (edited)

Ireland does it again! We got the best interior OL and one of the best OLB's in the draft

Edited by tyler735

You know how stoked I would be with this draft had we just let Peat walk?

What a pick! I love the guy and thought we knocked it out of the park with this pick. Baun was a really good well rounded LBer in Wisconsin. He dropped into coverage, rushed the passer and stopped the run all really well. He's also athletic.

I think he'll become our SAM going forward and really excel. Especially when we blitz, our ability to have either Baun or Davis come in on a delayed blitz is going to cause problems.

He reminds me of the Jamie Collins or Joe Schoebert type LBer. Really happy with this pick.