Pick #80 is in: RB/WR/QB, Lynn Bowden, Kentucky

RaidersAreOne

Like the pick. His versatility is amazing. KU always seems to have a nice gadget player, going back to Randall Cobb. But yeah this is yet another player Gruden can get creative with. 

I dunno if he's ready to be our #2 back, though. Pass blocking is paramount and he will definitely spend this year learning and getting better in that area. I wouldn't mind kicking the tires on Devonta Freeman if he's healthy.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Like the pick. His versatility is amazing. KU always seems to have a nice gadget player, going back to Randall Cobb. But yeah this is yet another player Gruden can get creative with. 

I dunno if he's ready to be our #2 back, though. Pass blocking is paramount and he will definitely spend this year learning and getting better in that area. I wouldn't mind kicking the tires on Devonta Freeman if he's healthy.

I think we add another bruising RB to challenge Rod Smith in UDFA, DAY 3, or a vet for cheap.

6 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

It's so confusing watching highlights of Bowden. I don't know if he's going to be a WR, RB or QB on the play and have to keep going back and rewatching once I figure it out.

He’s a Slot WR for us primarily imo, but he’s also a gadget guy that can play RB Shotgun Snaps and play QB on certain plays.

I think him and Renfrow will get some equal time in the slot, and Bowden gets more snaps than Renfrow as we get late into the season. 

31 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

He’s a Slot WR for us primarily imo, but he’s also a gadget guy that can play RB Shotgun Snaps and play QB on certain plays.

I think him and Renfrow will get some equal time in the slot, and Bowden gets more snaps than Renfrow as we get late into the season. 

He's a RB out of Mayocks own mouth. they will train him as a RB  and later start to move him around

13 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

He's a RB out of Mayocks own mouth. they will train him as a RB  and later start to move him around

Not saying Mayock is lying but Kiper suggests otherwise:

I'm not scratching my head at the value here -- both went right where I thought they would -- but Jon Gruden and Mike Mayock have now spent three of their top four picks on receivers. And yes, Bowden is a receiver in the NFL, even if reports are that the Raiders want to use him as a running back/do-it-all weapon.”

Kiper isn’t exactly the best person to quote, but I do think Bowden ends up a slot WR in the league. 

18 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Not saying Mayock is lying but Kiper suggests otherwise:

I'm not scratching my head at the value here -- both went right where I thought they would -- but Jon Gruden and Mike Mayock have now spent three of their top four picks on receivers. And yes, Bowden is a receiver in the NFL, even if reports are that the Raiders want to use him as a running back/do-it-all weapon.”

Kiper isn’t exactly the best person to quote, but I do think Bowden ends up a slot WR in the league. 

Kiper don't run the team lol. 

Edited by raidr4life
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

He’s saying they will try it but he’s definitely gonna end up primarily a slot WR sooner or later.

He didn't say try at all, he said they drafted him as RB and they will train him as a RB. Can't believe you quoted Kiper right now, he not the Gm or the coach. I see Charlie Garner personally.