Pick #80 is in: RB/WR/QB, Lynn Bowden, Kentucky

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

He don't look that fast on tape. 

I read a lot of 4.50 projections which seems to look that way on tape. 

Outside of the combine, I’d take 0.10 off any 40 time TBH. And even then, it’s totally questionable. 

dont need to be a 4.3 or 4.4 guy to be a good NFL back, as long as you are shifty. Richard ran 4.6, for reference.

i dont think bowden looks like he's all that fast. he can still be a good weapon in space. i question the value in the third round, though, given his projected role. 3rd rounder could easily be a starting caliber player

1 minute ago, Turnobili said:

dont need to be a 4.3 or 4.4 guy to be a good NFL back, as long as you are shifty. Richard ran 4.6, for reference.

i dont think bowden looks like he's all that fast. he can still be a good weapon in space. i question the value in the third round, though, given his projected role. 3rd rounder could easily be a starting caliber player

But everybody wanted us to draft a back up RB to Jacobs in the 3rd round, people can't have it both ways, he has a chance to be more productive than you average RB, as a punt returner and as they said moving him around.

• Like 1

i think he may be limited to a gadget role - wildcat, reverses, screens.  He didn't look great as a WR to me and I don't think he profiles as a RB either.

His real strength is great vision and feel with the ball in his hands - he simply knows how to find open space.

Don't love the picks but he's a really fun, likeable player.

Seems to be the theme of this draft for me, really fun players at bad value.

• Like 2

Meh..Ive kinda cooled off this pick a little lol. I don't hate it. I like the versatility he brings but a 3rd rounder for a gadget type player seems like a luxury pick. Zach Moss could've been had.

Meh he rushed for almost 1,500 yards and 13 TD's in the SEC last season. 

Wasn't most of his rushing yards from the QB position, though? Its hard to project a college option style QB to NFL RB. I think Jerrick McKinnon was the last semi successful one. Going to take him some time.

Just now, raidr4life said:

But everybody wanted us to draft a back up RB to Jacobs in the 3rd round, people can't have it both ways, he has a chance to be more productive than you average RB, as a punt returner and as they said moving him around.

Do you trust him with 100 carries right away. I dont. We needed a backup RB to take the load off Jacobs. I dont believe Bowden is ready for that yet.

We have to go sign a vet RB.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Meh..Ive kinda cooled off this pick a little lol. I don't hate it. I like the versatility he brings but a 3rd rounder for a gadget type player seems like a luxury pick. Zach Moss could've been had.

Wasn't most of his rushing yards from the QB position, though? Its hard to project a college option style QB to NFL RB. I think Jerrick McKinnon was the last semi successful one. Going to take him some time.

Do you trust him with 100 carries right away. I dont. We needed a backup RB to take the load off Jacobs. I dont believe Bowden is ready for that yet.

Mayock has high expectations

I'm hoping we run lots of different personnel groupings with all of the skill players we have. Jacobs should be on the field with Bowden/Richard from time to time. That's just our rbs. We can do crazy grouping with our tight ends and wide outs too. Hopefully Gruden is just drawing up formations and plays during social distancing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Thank you... i criticized the pick for many of the same reasons.  I like Bowden if your playing him at slot and maybe using him as a runner here and there... gadget plays.... but he’s not a real RB.  

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Oh yeah? I had high expectations too... then mike ruined them... then he fixed that a little bit with Simpson and Robertson.

but if mayock thinks he’s a full time RB2 we’re in trouble 

Did you believe that if Jacobs was to go down, Gruden and Mayock's plan would be to line him up as our tailback?