Pick #81 is in: WR, Bryan Edwards, South Carolina

RaidersAreOne

44 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

I think Edwards hurting his foot is the reason why he was there in the 3rd, he really didn't get a chance to boost his stock during the draft process. 

Had be busted out a 4.45 or so he’d likely have gone higher.  But Mims ran 4.38 and was always ranked just slightly  higher to begin with and he went at the very end of round 2.  So I don’t think Edwards would have that much gone higher.  His main issue was the offense limited his downfield receptions.  They just threw him a ton of screens.  He had a ton of highlight plays but he didn’t have consistent opportunities to showcase his skills NFL style Wr within the offense.

On 4/27/2020 at 3:13 AM, jimkelly02 said:

Had be busted out a 4.45 or so he’d likely have gone higher.  But Mims ran 4.38 and was always ranked just slightly  higher to begin with and he went at the very end of round 2.  So I don’t think Edwards would have that much gone higher.  His main issue was the offense limited his downfield receptions.  They just threw him a ton of screens.  He had a ton of highlight plays but he didn’t have consistent opportunities to showcase his skills NFL style Wr within the offense.

Mims definitely would have gone higher in a less stacked class. Edwards, you have no workout numbers, that's big. AND coming off injury. In a weaker class, decent testing numbers, he's probably a 2nd.

Would not surprise me if this was simply highest guy on their board (at position of need). 

I'm looking for more game cutups like this. 

Right now, I don't see much release, top speed, or route shiftiness. He is going to have to become a route technician to win outside, he won't do it with deep speed, or insane quicks.

Which isn't some terrible thing. Only pointing out that this is not a TO/CJ athlete, or even Mims. Not from what I have seen thus far. 

If the goal is Michael Thomas, cool. Seems like a nice attainable goal. I have to wonder tho: Throwing to WRs, and trusting them to fight for the ball hasn't seem to have been Carr's game thus far.  That's why I say winning at the top of the route needs to be every WRs goal, until we see different from Carr. 

Advanced issue found

👔
2 hours ago, massraider said:

Throwing to WRs, and trusting them to fight for the ball hasn't seem to have been Carr's game thus far.  That's why I say winning at the top of the route needs to be every WRs goal, until we see different from Carr. 

Except it has been. See: Michael Crabtree, Seth Roberts, Jared Cook, Foster Moreau, Darren Waller, Tyrell Williams.

10 hours ago, massraider said:

Mims definitely would have gone higher in a less stacked class. Edwards, you have no workout numbers, that's big. AND coming off injury. In a weaker class, decent testing numbers, he's probably a 2nd.

Would not surprise me if this was simply highest guy on their board (at position of need). 

I'm looking for more game cutups like this. 

Right now, I don't see much release, top speed, or route shiftiness. He is going to have to become a route technician to win outside, he won't do it with deep speed, or insane quicks.

Which isn't some terrible thing. Only pointing out that this is not a TO/CJ athlete, or even Mims. Not from what I have seen thus far. 

If the goal is Michael Thomas, cool. Seems like a nice attainable goal. I have to wonder tho: Throwing to WRs, and trusting them to fight for the ball hasn't seem to have been Carr's game thus far.  That's why I say winning at the top of the route needs to be every WRs goal, until we see different from Carr. 

What? He did this all the time with crabtree... He even threw fades to Tyrell and Waller this year. 

He stopped throwing them to tyrell because he gave up on a fade in the RZ, resulting in a pick. But Carr absolutely loves fades/backshoulder.

41 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

What? He did this all the time with crabtree... He even threw fades to Tyrell and Waller this year. 

He stopped throwing them to tyrell because he gave up on a fade in the RZ, resulting in a pick. But Carr absolutely loves fades/backshoulder.

But he gives up on receivers to easily.  No matter who the WR is they should never give up but Carr will lull them to sleep also.  Eventually they are thinking that it is not coming to them and they stop. Then if they stop and Carr goes to them he will stay away from them like a punishment.   The nail in Cooper's coffin was the ball Carr just checked down the field into triple coverage.  You could say Cooper beat the DBs but Carr's throw was still inaccurate and allowed the DB to get under it.  Best part about Cooper was that he had a better catch rate in 2018 with Carr than Carr ever had with Crabtree but only gave Cooper 31 looks in 6 games.  I do not think Carr is inaccurate or not capable of being a good QB but he seems to not be on the same page as his WRs a lot.  The Cook int vs the Rams is a good example.  Cook is bigger, stronger , and faster than the DB.  Carr throws a back shoulder pass when he should have thrown it to the back pylon.  I understand Joyner was coming over to help but you put it where only Cook can catch it in bounds.  Joyner's momentum would carry him out of bounds.