Pick #81 is in: WR, Bryan Edwards, South Carolina

RaidersAreOne

38 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

I don’t Think he’s got the frame to rush 120-160 times like top end RB2s.

Yeah, I think he will get a shot at RB2 but more likely a gadget player and takes over the 3rd down receiving back role from Richard.... wouldn’t surprise me if Rod Smith or Stanback get a real chance to make this team. Richard might be on his last legs 

49 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

I don’t Think he’s got the frame to rush 120-160 times like top end RB2s.

I think he can get 120 touches easily. He will line up as Jacobs spell back. He will take snaps in the wildcat. He will run jet sweeps and have some catches from the slot.

1 hour ago, jimkelly02 said:

I’ve heard that but Idk if I believe it.  Admittedly I didn’t watch a ton of Bowden but from what I did I didn’t see elite speed/burst.  Not to say he isn’t quick/fast but I see sub 4.4 level.  And coaches always exaggerate a bit for their players.

I watched a bit... after we picked him. Hes got speed, he can fly, he pulls away from guys in the SEC. I would be shocked if he ran worse then 4.42. I think he is a 4.4 flat guy. When Stoops timed 4.38 it was a good day. 

• Like 1

Edwards comps of a young Alshon Jeffery or Allen Robinson make me smile. Especially being I was willing to give up a 3rd for Robinson and now we'll have a cheaper unproven player who should be hungry. So much more young talent, just need to get the most out of it. Wasn't a fan of the value for all the picks but these guys all fit a hard working or fighting tooth and nail type which should bode well for a change from the overpaid quitters we had not too long ago. A 'team' is forming and hopefully they play well together. 

• Like 2

On 5/4/2020 at 9:25 PM, OG_C2X said:

I think he can get 120 touches easily. He will line up as Jacobs spell back. He will take snaps in the wildcat. He will run jet sweeps and have some catches from the slot.

I watched a bit... after we picked him. Hes got speed, he can fly, he pulls away from guys in the SEC. I would be shocked if he ran worse then 4.42. I think he is a 4.4 flat guy. When Stoops timed 4.38 it was a good day. 

Meh watch him the year before when he played wr/kr/pr he has legit 4.40 speed imo and with training I can see him putting up legit 4.38

• Like 1