3[82] - DT Neville Gallimore

WizardHawk

15 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

That "Back-up" was the starter until the Coaching staff changed. What a weird way to view history. But no, I am sure your right. It was a friendly sleep-over that sealed the deal. 

However the deal was sealed, it was done before the day started, since Brugler, Belt etc. knew the pick days in advance. And however it happened, he was benched at the University of Central Florida, a non-Power 5 school. Bad, bad process to pick him 58th overall over legit studs like Thornhill and Metcalf. There's no revisionist history here, sorry you liked the pick

1 minute ago, matt79511 said:

However the deal was sealed, it was done before the day started, since Brugler, Belt etc. knew the pick days in advance. And however it happened, he was benched at the University of Central Florida, a non-Power 5 school. Bad, bad process to pick him 58th overall over legit studs like Thornhill and Metcalf. There's no revisionist history here, sorry you liked the pick

LOL. No - it's not a matter of liking the pick. It is just ******* stupid to think we drafted someone because of a sleepover. I'd be surprised - albeit pleased if Hill is on the 53 man roster to start week 1. 

9 minutes ago, TheGame316 said:

Whats the "sleepover" story?

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/cowboys/2019/05/11/once-in-ucfs-dog-house-here-s-why-the-cowboys-are-confident-second-round-pick-trysten-hill-will-emerge-as-a-beast/

They didn't literally spend the night together, but hung out and watched film in a hotel lobby on Hill's birthday and stayed in touch throughout the draft process. It's fun for us to have pet cats on the outside, but that sort of thing shouldn't define the process of your decision-makers

All I meant was to say that Garrett deferring to his 70-year-old DC on their top selection last year was one too many instances of him passing the buck. And frankly the FO needed to take some charge too, which they did

Edited by matt79511
  • Like 3

This should honestly be a @Matts4313 post. So read this.

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/neville-gallimore-oklahoma-sooners-nfl-draft

But honestly? I think I could have run faster.

Working hard is what I do best.

You haven’t even seen the finished side of me. I’m literally a work in progress.

A lot of people know that I’m from Canada, from Ottawa, Ontario. I was born there. I’m a proud Canadian.

And the best piece of advice they ever gave me was, “Prevent is better than cure.”

And remember: My very best football is still ahead of me. 

2 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

In terms of a grade immediately following the draft, I think it’s at least as good as any  Cowboys draft since 2005. 

Without a doubt. All three of our picks were considered to be 1st round talent during the course of the 2019 season. And, at worst, mid-2nd round picks. I'm elated with the way this has gone thus far.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

Without a doubt. All three of our picks were considered to be 1st round talent during the course of the 2019 season. And, at worst, mid-2nd round picks. I'm elated with the way this has gone thus far.

Wow don’t remember you ever being this positive about a draft. Im sure there will be some negativity today lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Calvert28 said:

Gallimore may just be the most talented DT in this class. I am so hyped about this pick I honestly think his floor is current play Maleik Collins, ceiling would be around Aaron Donald area. 

You watched Chris Simms video didn’t you?

12 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

In terms of a grade immediately following the draft, I think it’s at least as good as any  Cowboys draft since 2005. 

We've nailed it through round 3.  If some one had said guaranteed you're going to get Lamb, Diggs, and Gallimore I would've said no way, or what fid it cost us to pull this off?