Sign in to follow this  
D82

Our Current Cowboy Roster (so far)

***UPDATE***

QB: D. Prescott | C. Rush | C. Thorson | B. DeNucci 
RB: E. Elliott | T. Pollard | J. Chunn 
FB: J. Olawale 
WR: A. Cooper | M. Gallup | C. Lamb | D. Smith | N. Brown | C. Wilson | J. Johnson | V. Bryant 
TE: B. Jarwin | D. Schultz | B. Bell | C. Hikutini 
LT: T. Smith | M. Hyatt 
LG: C. Williams | C. McGovern 
C: J. Looney | T. Biadasz 
RG: Z. Martin | A. Redmond 
RT: L. Collins | B. Knight 

LDE: D. Lawrence | J. Jackson | A. Smith 
1T: D. Poe | A. Woods | J. Hamilton 
3T: G. McCoy | N. Gallimore | T. Hill 
RDE: T. Crawford | R. Gregory | D. Armstrong, Jr. | J. Jelks  | B. Anae 
SLB: S. Lee | C. Covington 
MLB: J. Smith | J. Thomas | L. Gifford 
WLB: L. Vander Esch | J. March 
CB: Awuzie | T. Diggs | M. Canady 
FS: Clinton-Dix | D. Thompson 
SS: X. Woods | D. Wilson 
CB: J. Lewis | A. Brown | R. Robinson II

K: Zuerlein | Forbath 
P: C. Jones 
LS: Ladouceur 

The roster has been upgraded nicely. But a very-good great defensive RDE would really crank up the rest of our defense and therefore team. Make a Move Dallas..  

22 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

The roster has been upgraded nicely. But a very-good great defensive RDE would really crank up the rest of our defense and therefore team. Make a Move Dallas..  

They may not have to. That player may be on the roster already. A. Smith or R. Gregory, or both.

10 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

They may not have to. That player may be on the roster already. A. Smith or R. Gregory, or both.

If they are reinstated with Goodell who knows. Smith has not played in 4 years so who knows how he’s going to look if he comes back. Gregory is pretty good but that would not stop me from upgrading the position. I would sign Griffin to a one year deal. 

Posted (edited)
On 4/25/2020 at 4:07 PM, D82 said:

***UPDATE***

QB: D. Prescott | C. Rush | C. Thorson 
RB: E. Elliott | T. Pollard | J. Chunn 
FB: J. Olawale 
WR: A. Cooper | M. Gallup | C. Lamb | D. Smith | N. Brown | C. Wilson | J. Johnson | V. Bryant 
TE: B. Jarwin | D. Schultz | B. Bell | C. Hikutini 
LT: T. Smith | M. Hyatt 
LG: C. Williams | C. McGovern 
C: J. Looney | T. Biadasz 
RG: Z. Martin | A. Redmond 
RT: L. Collins | B. Knight 

LDE: D. Lawrence | J. Jackson | A. Smith 
1T: D. Poe | A. Woods | J. Hamilton 
3T: G. McCoy | N. Gallimore | T. Hill 
RDE: T. Crawford | R. Gregory | D. Armstrong, Jr. | J. Jelks  | B. Anae 
SLB: S. Lee | C. Covington 
MLB: J. Smith | J. Thomas | L. Gifford 
WLB: L. Vander Esch | J. March 
CB: Awuzie | T. Diggs | M. Canady 
FS: Clinton-Dix | D. Thompson 
SS: X. Woods | D. Wilson 
CB: J. Lewis | A. Brown | R. Robinson II

K: Zuerlein | Forbath 
P: C. Jones 
LS: Ladouceur 

This roster is very much a contender imo. But, I  think they need that one piece yet. Jamal Adams is that piece. Someone to direct traffic.  Dangle a draft pick and/or draft pick/Tyrone Crawford/Jourdan Lewis/X. Woods and see if you can get the Jets to bite.  I absolutely want this to happen. It isn't going to most likely, but I'm making the Jets file a restraining order before I give up.

Edited by WizardHawk

2 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

This roster is very much a contender imo. But, I  think they need that one piece yet. Jamal Adams is that piece. Someone to direct traffic.  Dangle a draft pick and/or draft pick/Tyrone Crawford/Jourdan Lewis/X. Woods and see if you can get the Jets to bite.  I absolutely want this to happen. It isn't going to most likely, but I'm making the Jets file a restraining order before I give up.

Perhaps if you jig it with a bucktail and teaser they bite! 🎣

Posted (edited)

Couple of safeties I had completely forgotten about being available are Reshad Jones and Tony Jefferson. Could have sworn I seen both had signed with other teams. 

Edited by WizardHawk

32 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Couple of safeties I had completely forgotten about being available are Reshad Jones and Tony Jefferson. Could have sworn I seen both had signed with other teams. 

Would we bench Woods?

31 minutes ago, CAPJ said:

Would we bench Woods?

I don't why not. To be clear, I'm not saying Woods isn't potentially the answer. But, I do feel that any of the three aforementioned guys are upgrades. Ultimately, I believe the team is close. I just want them to exhaust their options. 

10 hours ago, CAPJ said:

Would we bench Woods?

Could trade him. We know he's wanting a bigger contract as he is in the last year of his current deal. Sign Reshad, get some sort of compensation for Woods and give Wilson more reps. 

Biggest weakness I see now is

1. RDE

2. TE

3. LG

4. C

5. SS

And there is potentially an answer on the roster at every spot except maybe TE. I don't believe Jarwin is anything more than a JAG. Maybe Gregory, Anae, and Smith solve the DE issue. Maybe Woods is a better SS than we think. Maybe the Connors solidify LG and Biadasz takes Center...

All our weaknesses have been addressed(except TE) we just don't know if we have the right answers 

52 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

1. RDE

2. TE

3. LG

4. C

5. SS

And there is potentially an answer on the roster at every spot except maybe TE. I don't believe Jarwin is anything more than a JAG. Maybe Gregory, Anae, and Smith solve the DE issue. Maybe Woods is a better SS than we think. Maybe the Connors solidify LG and Biadasz takes Center...

All our weaknesses have been addressed(except TE) we just don't know if we have the right answers 

Jarwin's better than you think he is. Losing Witten is addition by subtraction. There's two elite TEs in football right now and the rest don't really matter

57 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

1. RDE

2. TE

3. LG

4. C

5. SS

You might not be a huge fan of Jarwin, but of all the positions you listed, that is the one that has a clear answer. Jarwin is their guy.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

Jarwin's better than you think he is. Losing Witten is addition by subtraction. There's two elite TEs in football right now and the rest don't really matter

I understand Witten left. Jarwins' role will obviously increase. I don't think he is the answer. I could be wrong. I could be right. I do disagree that all TEs outside the top 2 are equal. There are tiers and Jarwin is up there.... yet.

5 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

You might not be a huge fan of Jarwin, but of all the positions you listed, that is the one that has a clear answer. Jarwin is their guy.

I don't think he is the right answer. 

Edited by DaBoys

Just now, DaBoys said:

I don't think he is the right answer. 

I understand that. And I won't argue it. He clearly has much to prove.

But he's the Cowboy's starting TE in 2020.

SS, LG, C, and RDE all have at least 2 names that could wind up with the job.