Our Current Cowboy Roster (so far)

D82

1 hour ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

I still think the Kicking battle will be one of the best at camp. 

You really think this will be a competition?  I guess the guaranteed money to Zuerlein isn't a huge amount, but it's $2.25m nonetheless. Cutting Forbath also saves $.75m.

1 minute ago, textaz03 said:

Over all, top to bottom this roster is so much better. Can’t wIt to see what this staff does with them. Gonna be exciting to watch how this shapes up

Still waiting for them to add one more veteran piece to the defense. Either Griffin/Clowney (prefer the latter) or one of the safeties, Reshad Jones/Tony Jefferson. But, this roster is definitely in a very good place for a serious playoff run.....

.....which tbh, I hate saying. Been snake bit so many times I should know better. 

4 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

You really think this will be a competition?  I guess the guaranteed money to Zuerlein isn't a huge amount, but it's $2.25m nonetheless. Cutting Forbath also saves $.75m.

I do. But I also think once a kicker loses his groove - be it from injury or confidence it is hard to get it back. And Kobra Kai did well. Hopefully this pushes the Leg of Zeus to regain form. 

5 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

You really think this will be a competition?  I guess the guaranteed money to Zuerlein isn't a huge amount, but it's $2.25m nonetheless. Cutting Forbath also saves $.75m

It looks like they will give him a shot. If he is 27/30 in camp/preseason and GZ is 20/30.... maybe?

2 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

How many rookies have a chance to start:

• Diggs, CB
  • Lamb, WR
  • Anae, DE
  • Badazz, C
  • Robinson, CB
  • Carter, DE

Anyone else?

To start? As rookies?

Diggs and Lamb are the only likely ones. Biadasz has a chance, but seems pretty unlikely as a rookie. To call the rest of them extreme long shots would be generous. Gallimore is probably the only one of the rest who is a single injury away from the starting lineup.

1 hour ago, quiller said:

Right now I have Carter in the practice squad but if Gregory is not reinstated then he does have a good chance because what he offers on third downs 

oh as much  as the thought of what Dez can still do especially in red zone I think it will cause too much of a distraction.    

speaking of distraction has anyone heard talk why Coop was on the sidelines on a high number of plays in the Eagles game during crunch time and third down???

wasn't he dealing with some sort of injury.. if Not blame Our infamous previous HC.

2 hours ago, D82 said:

You think Carter beats out Kamara? 

Carter received the biggest guarantee of the UDFAs, literally more than twice the guarantee of Kamara. Also, the Cowboys said they were able to sign 7 players with draftable grades. They gave a corresponding 7 players 6-figure guarantees, and Kamara wasn’t won of them.

I think it’s a safe bet that Carter has the upper hand there. 

Edited by Nextyearfordaboyz
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

To start? As rookies?

Diggs and Lamb are the only likely ones. Biadasz has a chance, but seems pretty unlikely as a rookie. To call the rest of them extreme long shots would be generous. Gallimore is probably the only one of the rest who is a single injury away from the starting lineup.

Who do you see as the other bookend on the DL if Randy and Smith remain Suspended & they make a financial choice with Crawford. 

In the end I think only Diggs is gonna start - everyone else has an outside shot. And I guess Lamb if we run base 11 offense (which we should). 

3 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

• Diggs, CB
  • Lamb, WR
  • Anae, DE
  • Badazz, C
  • Robinson, CB
  • Carter, DE

Anyone else?

Diggs and Lamb start.

Anae, Biadasz, Robinson & Gallimore should see a significant amount of snaps.

1 hour ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:
3 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

• Diggs, CB
  • Lamb, WR
  • Anae, DE
  • Badazz, C
  • Robinson, CB
  • Carter, DE

Anyone else?

To start? As rookies?

Diggs and Lamb are the only likely ones. Biadasz has a chance, but seems pretty unlikely as a rookie. To call the rest of them extreme long shots would be generous. Gallimore is probably the only one of the rest who is a single injury away from the starting lineup

I agree with Diggs and Lamb. I'd also give Anae a dark horse shot. Depending on the status of RG/AS and a questionable depth chart thereafter, I think he's talented enough to make a push opposite DLaw.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Who do you see as the other bookend on the DL if Randy and Smith remain Suspended & they make a financial choice with Crawford. 

In the end I think only Diggs is gonna start - everyone else has an outside shot. And I guess Lamb if we run base 11 offense (which we should). 

In the event that Randy and Aldon remain suspended and we can’t sign someone like Griffen or Clowney, they are still going to decide to cut Crawford? Then he still has to beat out Armstrong, Jackson, and Jelks. That’s an overwhelmingly unlikely amount of “ifs”.

5 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

In the event that Randy and Aldon remain suspended and we can’t sign someone like Griffen or Clowney, they are still going to decide to cut Crawford? Then he still has to beat out Armstrong, Jackson, and Jelks. That’s an overwhelmingly unlikely amount of “ifs”.

Indeed. I actually wonder how the DL rotation will work out. 

I'm still holding out hope that we sign someone like Griffen or Clowney. I like Crawford, guy is a solid player against the run...but he isn't much of a threat rushing the passer. We need that, even if we can get Smith and Gregory back and they don't miss a beat - you can never have enough guys capable of rushing the QB.

10 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

wasn't he dealing with some sort of injury.. if Not blame Our infamous previous HC.

We weren't supposed to win that game. I bet that game large. The league pulled the old bait and switch on us. We demolish the Rams, the team that knocked us out of the playoffs a year earlier to the tune of 219 yards rushing, and then we go to Philly, with playoff implications, and suddenly forgot how to play football.

Go back and watch that game, they didn't do near as much to win that game as we did to lose it.

Then a week later, we look like a football team again.

Happy to say, I sniffed this one out early. I knew it so well that I put 250.00 down. It was a nice time of year to get paid with the holidays and such.

But hey, what do I know, fixed games, bait and switch, corrupt league, whatever.