Browns Select DT Jordan Elliot

FGK

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Why?  This is our window, not year one or two of a rebuild.

Philosophy changes with circumstance.

He's like an average to slightly above average player who may demand a long term deal once he hits the market.

Edited by Rod Johnson

1 minute ago, nugpimpen said:

I still believe he CAN be fine, just fell off last season and it's a concern to me. 

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

People seem down on him because he didn’t show out the last half of last season when it was him and Richardson and some street free agents along the DL.  He’s not a dude who’s going to carry a DL by himself, but he’s a quality starter.

Opposing offensive coordinators were likely focusing on he and Richardson.  It sure as he’ll wasn’t Porter Gustin and Cox.

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I like him long term as well, just like I liked Schobert long term. However, what I want and what I think will happen aren’t mutually inclusive.

A DT who can play both the run as pass is a whole different animal than an off ball linebacker in terms of value imo, and I don’t discount Lbers.

I also think Schobert is also a good example of why you extend these guys when you can and don’t let them get to UFA.

Elliot has some skills this player right here is why I did not want to go offense  in free agency.

I do not know what chance a tackle that only has 3 sacks has at succeeding at the pro level but I do not consider very good

That said he may be able to produce enough that we do not have to pay O 15,000,000 per year.

Edited by mtmmike
misspelling

1 minute ago, mtmmike said:

Elliot has some skills this player right here is why I did not want to go offense  in free agency.

I do not know what chance a tackle that only has 3 sacks has at succeeding at the pro level but I do not consider very good

That said he may be able to produce enough that we do not have to pay O 15,000,000 per year.

O.o

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

A DT who can play both the run as pass is a whole different animal than an off ball linebacker in terms of value imo, and I don’t discount Lbers.

Fair

7 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I also think Schobert is also a good example of why you extend these guys when you can and don’t let them get to UFA.

Yep. They should have locked him up after Year 2-3 or had a plan to replace him with a high end pick. Slopping together 3-4 Day 3 picks and calling it “fine” is Ray Farmeresque with his WR philosophy.

16 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

This is our window, not year one or two of a rebuild.

Disagree with this and any "win now" thinking.

From top to bottom this team has to learn how to win before anyone can think in terms of "win now".

One year away, at least.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah, I don’t even think that’s a question.

People seem down on him because he didn’t show out the last half of last season when it was him and Richardson and some street free agents along the DL.  He’s not a dude who’s going to carry a DL by himself, but he’s a quality starter.

He had 5.5 sacks.

Are propel expecting DTs to be Geno Atkins / Aaron Donald...?

• Like 1