Browns Select DT Jordan Elliot

FGK

3 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

He had 5.5 sacks.

Are propel expecting DTs to be Geno Atkins / Aaron Donald...?

Right?  And that’s with a third of the season having no edge rush to force a QB to step up or draw help.

Id use that “down” season as a blessing and lock him up right now, maybe it saves you a few bucks.

24 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Disagree with this and any "win now" thinking.

From top to bottom this team has to learn how to win before anyone can think in terms of "win now".

One year away, at least.

So if our goal isn’t to win now, what is it?

Unless by win now you mean Super Bowl or nothing, in which case perhaps, but this team has zero excuses to not get to the playoffs and make some noise.

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

So if our goal isn’t to win now, what is it?

Unless by win now you mean Super Bowl or nothing, in which case perhaps, but this team has zero excuses to not get to the playoffs and make some noise.

New coach/scheme, potentially very limited off-season practices, top 2 WRs likely going to miss a lot of time early just off the top of my head.

11 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

New coach/scheme,

Fair, although based of results and reports from last year I can’t imagine there being a step backwards in this regard.

potentially very limited off-season practices,

This applies to every team.

top 2 WRs likely going to miss a lot of time early just off the top of my head.

Purely speculative at this time.

This team has 2 all pro WR’s, a pro bowl TE, a former 1st round TE entering his prime, 2 all pro RB’s, a former first overall pick QB who set the rookie passing TD record entering year 3, a pro bowl guard and tackle, a veteran center, a top 10 LT, a DPOTY candidate at one end, a former pro bowler at the other, two quality starting DT’s, a 4 deep group at corner, a great punter and surprisingly effective kicker. 

If a team with that roster isn’t expected to win, I’m not sure who is? 

• Like 2

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Fair, although based of results and reports from last year I can’t imagine there being a step backwards in this regard.

This applies to every team.

Purely speculative at this time.

This team has 2 all pro WR’s, a pro bowl TE, a former 1st round TE entering his prime, 2 all pro RB’s, a former first overall pick QB who set the rookie passing TD record entering year 3, a pro bowl guard and tackle, a veteran center, a top 10 LT, a DPOTY candidate at one end, a former pro bowler at the other, two quality starting DT’s, a 4 deep group at corner, a great punter and surprisingly effective kicker. 

Limited off-season definitely hurts a team trying to learn a playbook for the first time more than a team with guys who have seasons under their belt of running something.

I'd be absolutely shocked if OBJ and Jarvis were full participation this off-season.

9 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

6gRCnAr.gif

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bruceb said:

That's how I see this pick.

Ogunjobi's replacement.

They aren’t anywhere close in terms of player type.

if anything he’s Richardson’s replacement. 

Right now they’re going to get him pass rush reps until he develops.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

They aren’t anywhere close in terms of player type.

yeah Berry (or Stefanski) said they view him as a 3T, Ogunjobi plays the nose.

if anything he’s Richardson’s replacement. 

Richardson?  The 3T making 13 million?  This checks out.

Right now they’re going to get him pass rush reps until he develops.

Yep.

• Like 2