2020 3rd Round Pick RB Darrynton Evans

615finest

Is it weird that I’m most excited about this pick? Especially when he’s going to be a backup being behind our best player. Just real excited about his playmaking ability. He may struggle early adjusting to the speed of the game compared to App State but I feel he’ll thrive in that 3rd down role. 

48 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Is it weird that I’m most excited about this pick? Especially when he’s going to be a backup being behind our best player. Just real excited about his playmaking ability. He may struggle early adjusting to the speed of the game compared to App State but I feel he’ll thrive in that 3rd down role. 

It would be nice to have a guy behind Henry that isn’t predictable on what’s going to happen when he comes in like it was with Lewis

If this kid is capable of making a few nice runs a game I think that helps that offense a ton unlike when Lewis would come in an everyone had to watch for screens 

My biggest hope with this kid is that if Henry goes out or misses a game that we arnt 1 dimensional like the NO pretty much was since Lewis wasn’t much of a help on the ground 

It would be nice to have a guy who can keep the buss rolling when Henry’s not on the field 

An unbiased Mike Keith thinks he can lol so I’ll take his word for it 

1 minute ago, Titans fan 617 said:

My biggest hope with this kid is that if Henry goes out or misses a game that we arnt 1 dimensional like the NO pretty much was since Lewis wasn’t much of a help on the ground 

It would be nice to have a guy who can keep the buss rolling when Henry’s not on the field 

An unbiased Mike Keith thinks he can lol so I’ll take his word for it 

Blasingame.  He's big and our fullback, so I imagine he'd be the obvious choice if Henry gets injured.  That and someone they pick up from the practice squad like Dawkins or Scarlett.

2 hours ago, Daniel said:

Blasingame.  He's big and our fullback, so I imagine he'd be the obvious choice if Henry gets injured.  That and someone they pick up from the practice squad like Dawkins or Scarlett.

Blasingame wasn’t the choice when Henry got injured for the Saints game

If Darryton is the number 2 on opening day then the Titans needs him to be able to carry the load if Henry ever went down 

3 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Blasingame wasn’t the choice when Henry got injured for the Saints game

If Darryton is the number 2 on opening day then the Titans needs him to be able to carry the load if Henry ever went down 

I don't think that's the case.  Yes, they would have him be the primary back, but that doesn't mean they'd have him run up the middle to pound out yards like Henry.  Henry is our offense.  If he goes down, it means we either radically change the offense, or deal with having a crap offense.

You can't spend what the Titans are going to spend on Henry and also have someone behind him who can do what he can do.  That's unrealistic.

2 hours ago, Daniel said:

I don't think that's the case.  Yes, they would have him be the primary back, but that doesn't mean they'd have him run up the middle to pound out yards like Henry.  Henry is our offense.  If he goes down, it means we either radically change the offense, or deal with having a crap offense.

You can't spend what the Titans are going to spend on Henry and also have someone behind him who can do what he can do.  That's unrealistic.

From the highlights I seen he is capable of running up the middle

I just want a guy that could carry the ball 20 times for 90 yards atleast if he had too

Im done with watching a backup run to the LOS spin left for no yards

15 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

From the highlights I seen he is capable of running up the middle

I just want a guy that could carry the ball 20 times for 90 yards atleast if he had too

Im done with watching a backup run to the LOS spin left for no yards

In college, playing App State opponents, yeah, but the NFL is harder to run on like that.

I mean, 20 times for 90 yards consistently seems like a big ask for a guy whose production is likely to be largely as a pass catcher, but I think he could do that against opponents weak against the run, sometimes.  But that's not his strength, and you play to the strengths of your players.  If Henry went down, the offense would have to shift to more passing to not be crazy, and Evans should contribute to that kind of offense heavily.

On 4/26/2020 at 10:03 AM, TitanRedd said:

Kind of reminds me of a poor man’s version of Sony Michelle. Kamara has more juke & wiggle to him. I’ve been watching some highlights of his & he’s like Sony one cut & hit the hole waste no time, plays behind his pads.

Yeah, he definitely shows the one cut and go ability... and that should make him a great fit here in our outside zone-ish system we run.  I just don't see Sony with the burst or catching ability that Evans flashes.  Evans also shows the ability to change directions while getting back to top speed much better than Sony showed. 

This clip for instance.  Sony would have just cut that in... but Evans fakes the cut,  jukes wide, then hits that extra gear real quick to beat that next defender to the end zone.  I can't see Sony doing that.