Official GDT: Week 4, CARP & Harambe Edition

MWil23

Sorry for the early GDT gents, but my 10 month old beautiful little girl is heading in for surgery tomorrow and I'll be in the hospital (and my wife as well) with her over the next few days, so the Browns (THANKFULLY) won't be much of a priority for me. That said, on to the GDT.

There was a dream that was the Cleveland Browns and Cincinnati Bengals merging their rosters, folding two franchises into one, moving to the football epicenter of the U.S., and making one (some would call it a super-team, but I prefer to call it one legitimate NFL roster) and calling ourselves the Columbus Carp.

RealisticVerifiableHarpseal.gif

One of my favorite ever movie quotes below inspires hope, in a backhanded compliment type of way only fit to inspire Clevelanders. There is no definitive timeline, just that there will at some arbitrary point in the future, cease to be misery.

tumblr_mzekctI3x51soggwoo1_500.gif

Current forecast in Cleveland/the last 24 years:

tenor.gif

This past week's GDT had most of us at war with ourselves as we've finally reached the boiling point.

LpzDpw.gif

This week, let's enjoy the collective misery together as one state, with two 0-3 franchises, one the epitome of a joke in the 90's, the other, where multiple commentators yesterday actually used the term "BROWNSING" as an adjective to describe dysfunctional play.

tumblr_mab8ilQUCb1rvsjlbo1_500.gif

The game details:

0-3 Browns vs. the 0-3 Bengals

Your starting CARP offense:

QB: Andy Dalton

RB: Joe Mixon/Gio Bernard

WR: A.J. Green

WR: 2 other Cincinnati Bengals WR

TE: Tyler Eichert, David Njoku

LT: Joe Thomas

LG: Joel Bitonio

C: JT Tretter

RG: Kevin Zeitler

RT: Whoever is the best of the rest

Defense:

tenor.gif

1:00 Kickoff on CBS

The first 10,000 fans to stay through the entire game without falling asleep or buying an adult beverage will receive:

3ed999802ab468da54b3c3df23b74214.gif

That's right, it's what you deserve.

Also, just because, Harambe:

vTBC-O.gif

10 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Hope all goes well with your daughter first and foremost.

Secondly, this team needs a win in the worst way.  The pressure seems to be mounting rather quickly. Hopefully some home cooking gets them over the hump.

Thanks buddy. She was born with a cleft lip/palate. Thankfully the lip surgery went GREAT and the surgeon did an amazing job. This is the palate surgery, which is a tough one and a 4-6 week recovery. We're excited but nervous.

Definitely a "MUST WIN" if there is such a thing for a team who is basically already out of the playoff hunt. These players/coaches had better realize that they're already playing for their jobs/futures. Improvement is a must this year, and that includes record, which Hue himself has preached.

I think last year, I expected what we got, so it didn't get under my skin as much.

This season, I expected progress forward, especially after pre-season and week 1. Hasn't been the case. More holes keep popping up. 

Here's to lowering my sights again and staying level-headed.

Archived