Official GDT: Week 4, CARP & Harambe Edition

MWil23

3 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

This video makes makes me sad....Gordon was the real deal, making plays no matter the QB. The best part...he was so reliable in terms of catching and getting YAC, no doubt he would have Kizer looking so much better with his ability to beat DBs.

I think we need to bait the Bengals into playing our game. Both teams have been pretty crappie so far this season. They know Hue but they aren't very disciplined and if we run some trick plays I think they will fall for them hook, line and sinker. Hue needs to get more emotionally involved, sorta like 'The Big Tuna' Bill Parcells used to do. Get these guys fired up and sink our jaws into their jugular when we have the chance. Kizer's time to shine is now, sink or swim I hope he lets it all out this game. We need to build up a big lead and not let them off the hook. With their weak offensive line getting to Dalton should be like shooting fish in a barrel. I think we can win throwing, running or even with special teams as there are more than one way to skin a cat... although I prefer nailing its head to a board and ripping its skin off with pliers. Anyway, I'm sick of being a bottom feeder it's time to become a big fish.

Carp week!!!

How did I do? Remember, I'm not fishing for compliments.

3 hours ago, Onizuka said:

This video makes makes me sad....Gordon was the real deal, making plays no matter the QB. The best part...he was so reliable in terms of catching and getting YAC, no doubt he would have Kizer looking so much better with his ability to beat DBs.

Gordon is stupid good. It just looks so effortless when he is running away from people 

Craziest thing about that video and any other film I've seen of Josh Gordon is that he never once gave 100% on any given play and he was not even a good route runner. He was dominating on pure God given ability and that ability alone. He wasn't a poor route runner and he doesn't need to be great, but if he got to where he was just good he would be that much better. If he gave 100% effort all the time or at least far more often he would have been unstoppable. Josh Gordon could have been one of the all time great not just at WR but in all of football. I think it is far too late for that to happen now though.

8 hours ago, hornbybrown said:

Shelton, Collins and most likely Garret out... that hurts!

That sucks, but I'm not mad about Myles, it almost felt too soon to me.

Ogbuehi (sp?) is awful, somebody should be able to get some pressure against him and Ogunjobi seems ready for more PT.

Hopefully all three are back next week.

Gentlemen, there is a possibility that we may get another home game in Cleveland.  

If the putrid performance by the Saints/Dolphins continues (can't even count the number of penalty flags thrown), the citizenry of the UK just might say, "pi$$ off."  You keep your lousy sport in your own country.  

tenor.gif

I think we might be able to get together in the Muni lot before the Vikings game.

Archived