3.94 - Josiah Deguara [TE; Cincinnati]

CWood21

1 hour ago, Joe said:

Deguara had a 7th round grade on him. C'mon...this is Richard Rodgers all over again, except this guy will actually have a role in which he'll be able to produce despite it not necessarily showing up in the box score.

With Keene going right behind him that grade is clearly wrong. If youre differentiating between a 4 and a 7 and going off a wide open board. Its wrong. Teams vary wildly early in the draft, not to mention that late.

Edited by HighCalebR

1 hour ago, Joe said:

Deguara had a 7th round grade on him. C'mon...this is Richard Rodgers all over again, except this guy will actually have a role in which he'll be able to produce despite it not necessarily showing up in the box score.

Could be Richard Rodgers.  Certainly a chance.  

Also...could be William Henderson.  He was a 3rd rounder as well.  That one turned out to be pretty darned good.

Thinking he could have been a 7'th round prospect on some NFL boards.  Was certainly a 3rd rounder on at least one board.  It may have something to do with scheme fit.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

Just went to the first tight end rankings that showed up on Google.

3 of the top 6 went undrafted.

The 12th, 14th, and 17th all got drafted in the third round.

Online "grades" don't mean ish.

Add in scheme value and yah, those online boards don't mean much.

I liked the draft format this year, it was cool to see the reaction of MLF and Gute after the picks.  They certainly got guys they wanted and are excited about.  

As a fan of the draft...and using those public rankings, I hated the draft.  As a Packer fan, I'm happy that the guys in charge really seemed excited about the guys they got.

And that could be the change in personality from TT to Gute.  I think I would have hated to play poker with TT.  Happy, sad, mad, constipated, it all looked the same.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Could be Richard Rodgers.  Certainly a chance.  

Also...could be William Henderson.  He was a 3rd rounder as well.  That one turned out to be pretty darned good.

Thinking he could have been a 7'th round prospect on some NFL boards.  Was certainly a 3rd rounder on at least one board.  It may have something to do with scheme fit.

Holy ****, Favre threw to William Henderson about as often as Rodgers threw to running backs.  Crazy.  I remember Henderson, but I do not remember him being that active in the receiving game.

9 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Holy ****, Favre threw to William Henderson about as often as Rodgers threw to running backs.  Crazy.  I remember Henderson, but I do not remember him being that active in the receiving game.

Man, I remember enough of Henderson out of the backfield in that true west coast stuff.

95, 5 targets. 3 catches.

96, 33 targets.  27 catches.

97, 48 targets.  41 catches.

98, 49 targets.  37 catches.

99, 39 targets, 30 catches.

00, 45 targets, 35 catches.

01, 28 targets, 21 catches.

02, 32 targets, 26 catches.

03, 34 targets, 24 catches.

04, 40 targets, 34 catches.

05, 34 targets, 30 catches.

06, 18 targets, 12 catches.

405 targets, 320 catches, 2,409 yards.  14 TD's.

For context....Vitale had 12 targets, 7 receptions last year. 97 yards.  0 TD.

Edited by vegas492
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Always good for one leap over a defender too.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, deathstar said:

Always good for one leap over a defender too.

That's what I recall as well.  He became a real linchpin of that offense.  Great blocker, very good receiver.  I remember thinking they blew it by taking him in the 3rd round, but he sure did help complete that offense.

Got this snipet from his Wiki page.... "Henderson was also valuable as pass catcher out of the backfield. As of 2008, he stands tenth all-time on the Packers' career receptions list with 320 (for 2,409 yards), and first among running backs. He also has 123 career rushing attempts for 426 yards"

Edited by vegas492
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Joe said:

Depends where you look I guess.  You should be a scout ... we'll see in a few years.   I'm going with the Packers scouting dept ... sorry.   By the way, 7th round?  Scouting grades are like as...oles, everybody has one. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, coachbuns said:

Depends where you look I guess.  You should be a scout ... we'll see in a few years.   I'm going with the Packers scouting dept ... sorry.   By the way, 7th round?  Scouting grades are like as...oles, everybody has one. 

It's a miracle no NFL team has hired him yet.

13 hours ago, coachbuns said:

He had a 7th round grade from TDN and all the other experts. Sorry if my reporting that upsets you.

Some of you guys have some REALLY thin skin around here. Y'all should work for the White House...xD

12 minutes ago, Joe said:

He had a 7th round grade from TDN and all the other experts. Sorry if my reporting that upsets you.

Some of you guys have some REALLY thin skin around here. Y'all should work for the White House...xD

Dane Brugler's draft guide had Deguara as a 6th rounder, and compared him to Danny Vitale.  

Edited by {Family Ghost}