3.94 - Josiah Deguara [TE; Cincinnati]

CWood21

Ryan Wood -   Josiah Deguara says he has solid relationship with fellow Cincinnati Bearcat alum Travis Kelce, who you may have heard of. Kelce has been a confidant of sorts: "He's really just telling me if I ever need anything, just hit him up. And just keep doing what I'm doing him."

Lily Zhao -   To go off that versatility, TE Josiah Deguara said he doesn't have one favorite spot... said he played every single spot at Cincinnati. "I feel comfortable all over the field."

/////

This shows up on his tape. He's lining up all over the field.

Kinda think he was undervalued going off his tape.  Love his build and he runs way better than most of that type do.  Think he has a higher ceiling, especially in this offense, than people may be giving him credit for.  Just off of watching him move, he seems like a solid TE prospect; he looks more like a 3rd rounder than a 6th rounder to my eye.  The fact that he's apparently a throwback type player is bonus.  Maybe the value isn't great but I like the fit.

• Like 1

Just now, beekay414 said:

Watch his tape and come back and say that again.

Degaura's not fast. He's not big. And he's not tall.

So what type of WEAPON do you envision Degaura becoming in the NFL? 

Or maybe suggest a current or recent NFL "weapon" you foresee Degaura turning into for the Pack.

Genuinely interested as I know you indicated you were high on him before he was selected.

4 minutes ago, TheOnlyThing said:

Or maybe suggest a current or recent NFL "weapon" you foresee Degaura turning into for the Pack.

Genuinely interested as I know you indicated you were high on him before he was selected.

Guess the only guys capable of producing in the NFL these days are HWS guys. 

6 minutes ago, TheOnlyThing said:

Go watch his tape. It's obvious you haven't. That's all I'm gonna say to you. 

Then again, if all you want is HWS guys, go drool over the yet to be drafted Albert Okwuegbunam.

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Go watch his tape. It's obvious you haven't. That's all I'm gonna say to you. 

Then again, if all you want is HWS guys, go drool over the yet to be drafted Albert Okwuegbunam.

Dude should’ve left college in 2018. His stock was way higher.

It's kinda fun being completely fresh on these guys. Never heard this name before tonight. Unlike the typical whiny posters, I choose to not emote about it, but just enjoy finding out about the guy instead and think how he was appealing to what our team is trying to do.

I see it. Like @MrBobGray I see a good football player when I watch him. He moves very well and has natural hands and can see the appeal in a heavy 12 personnel offense.

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I mean, how much do you really need for this year's class?  It's been the last month or so that everything has been on lockdown.  The only position I'd argue that you'd really need to spend that kind of time is QBs.  And we took one in at 26.  It's a weird class in the sense that teams aren't motivated to move around like they have in previous years.

Perhaps you missed my point.

The point is that in typical years every person from every team spends a lot time around each other and people are often more open for "live" in-person conversations (and also more easily influenced) than they'd be over virtual contact. This has resulted in more (1) independent thinking and (2) less access for the media which then results in more mismatches from what Joe Fan thinks a guy's value is to what NFL personnel think a guy's value is. Often this mismatch is already significant. This year: moreso.

So, I for one am choosing not to look at any online ranking lists or mock drafts or anything. I have no idea where any of these guys were "supposed" to go. I'll just put on the video and see what they do, instead. I suggest that everyone else do the same when unfamiliar names pop up. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, TheOnlyThing said:

I see him being used as was Delanie Walker on the Titans 

Watched Josiah play in high school.  He was a wide receiver then and bulked up significantly to play tight end in college.  Didn't expect him to get drafted in the 3rd. That being said, he's smart, tough, instinctive and has a great feel for finding open spots.  He doesn't have Cheweys length but he has a similar feel for the game.  Pretty obvious that Gute and Frenchy are drafting players whose strengths match up with the new offensive philosophy.   Withholding judgement until I see the sum of the parts.

• Like 4