3.94 - Josiah Deguara [TE; Cincinnati]

CWood21

2 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

The odd thing is that I saw someone, I think it was Bellichick or Saban, saying that most of the big innovations are coming from the high school  ranks.  

You may be more on point with this than you think.

Oh 100% I'm not BB or NS but I've been saying this **** for over a decade, it's 100% true. That's not what I'm talking about there though. This isn't innovation. It's just I WANNA RUN THE FOOTBALL OLD SCHOOL SMASHMOUTH OMG PLZ LOVE ME LIKE KYLE SHANAHAN

6 minutes ago, Norm said:

Oh 100% I'm not BB or NS but I've been saying this **** for over a decade, it's 100% true. That's not what I'm talking about there though. This isn't innovation. It's just I WANNA RUN THE FOOTBALL OLD SCHOOL SMASHMOUTH OMG PLZ LOVE ME LIKE KYLE SHANAHAN

Running a mirrored run/pass game really isn't old school. It's certainly not innovation as it's been around since the OG Shanny but it's worked everywhere it's implemented. 

It's kind of the anti Mac approach. LaFleur feels his scheme will get guys open, just like San Fran didn't put an emphasis on WRs (until recently) probably why LaFleur isn't sweating it.

Rodgers needs to be 100% in though. He's gotta trust MVS and make the throws the scheme calls for. Perhaps having the future sitting right there will be the little nudge he needed.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Running a mirrored run/pass game really isn't old school. It's certainly not innovation as it's been around since the OG Shanny but it's worked everywhere it's implemented. 

It's kind of the anti Mac approach. LaFleur feels his scheme will get guys open, just like San Fran didn't put an emphasis on WRs (until recently) probably why LaFleur isn't sweating it.

Rodgers needs to be 100% in though. He's gotta trust MVS and make the throws the scheme calls for. Perhaps having the future sitting right there will be the little nudge he needed.

Quit being logical. There's no room for logical reactions here.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Correct.
No more scramble drill.
See defensive set....and throw to the open WR/TE/RB.

Just now, beekay414 said:

People asked for a young, confident coach who could scheme guys open and a GM who listened to what he wanted and drafted guys to fit his scheme instead of just picking his guys.

The results still lead to www.fire<insertpackersgmnamehere>.com

I at least like the consistency of our fan base.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

I mean, I like his post. It makes sense. I just don't think we're doing it right. Taking Dillon and an hback 2 and 3 isn't necessary to work that direction