3.94 - Josiah Deguara [TE; Cincinnati]

CWood21

9 minutes ago, rthom348 said:

Is this like the 58th time a mod has had to reel this guy in? Why do you even bother warning him if you're not actually gonna do something about it?

Also, I agree with how he acts like an internet tough guy. It sticks out like a sore thumb on these threads and it's embarrassing. 

Been that way since back when I was an active poster. Not unconvinced he has nudes of Webby.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, rthom348 said:

Or the difference is they don't have an all-time bad defense anymore so he doesn't have to throw 40-50 times per game. Context

He doesn't have time to throw 30-40 times a game, the other team is busy running the ball. 

Just now, HyponGrey said:

Been that way since back when I was an active poster. Not unconvinced he has nudes of Webby.

I actually lol'd. I'm 29 and I've watched this forum since middle school. I just recently started posting more often. I don't really remember seeing his account until like 2 years ago maybe. But he legit makes me not want to be on here. It's so juvenile

4 minutes ago, Green19 said:

Why do people think he isn’t going to be a weapon in the passing offense? His pro comparison is Delanie Walker.

If the dude hits that could be exciting in this offense.

Who exactly is comparing 4.72 in the 40 Josiah Degaura to 4.55 in the 40 Delanie Walker?

The resident expert down at the local tavern?

22 minutes ago, TheOnlyThing said:

Who exactly is comparing 4.72 in the 40 Josiah Degaura to 4.55 in the 40 Delanie Walker?

The resident expert down at the local tavern?

Forgot who exactly... but it’s not about speed. It was because he is more an HB and how he was used. Walker isn’t like a traditional TE and he isn’t a move TE either.

Its based on fit and what they asked him to do.

plus there is more to compare then just 40s.... 

Edited by Green19
  • Like 1

If he turns out to be our version of Kyle Juszczyk over the next two years no one will care that he was a 3rd round pick.     Definitely players I wanted more at the time but now it's time to let him prove it on the field.  I'm excited that our coach and GM have this much conviction for the guy.

---I legit had to check google like fifteen times trying to spell his name for this post

• Like 2

I think this one is my favorite pick just because of his expectations.  I feel like his position should be called Fan Favorite.

We have needed a fan favorite for a long time.  Kuhn was our last one.  I’d love it this guy turned into that.  Never a monster, but always the guy to make the timely plays and fight on every play, put it all on the field.

I’m really rooting for this guy.

• Like 2

I wonder if the complaints would have been similar if we had picked Hunter Bryant here, who is a similar height and 40 time, but was predicted to go in round 3 and 4. Tight ends rarely seem to go in the predicted order once you get past the top tier. The Pats picked an H-back with a similar athletic profile in the third as well. Given the emphasis the Packers have traditionally put on position value, I doubt they pick him if they are planning for him to have only the same role Vitale had last year.

• Like 1