Pick #100 is in: LB, Tanner Muse, Clemson

RaidersAreOne

PFF on Muse

In the times he has gotten beat in coverage and let up a big play, he was almost always playing out of the box. On his 498 coverage snaps outside the box since 2017, Muse has given up exactly 498 yards, 22 combined first downs and touchdowns while recording 10 combined interceptions and forced incompletions. On his 401 coverage snaps inside the box in that  same period, Muse allowed just 184 yards and 11 combined first downs and touchdowns while combing for eight interceptions and forced incompletions.

Watching Muse's game, it's amazing to me that Clemson considered him a safety. By far the best trait I saw from him was his ability to take on blocks and some of his most impressive plays come as a blitzer. I want this guy playing between the tackles in my defense as I saw what happened to him one-on-one at times in space. He has the skillset to make that transition, but it will obviously come with some projection as Muse has never really done that for Clemson. It won't alleviate the stiffness in his game, but it will at least protect it.