Saints select Adam Trautman at #105

whodatOL

I really like this draft. Got three players who will all see significant playing time and all three of them fill a need. Really hope we trade Warford now for some late round picks and bring in another receiver or cornerback. And of course really interested in our UDFA class tomorrow night!

• Like 2

Awesome pick. I think TE was a sneaky need for us. Cook and Hill have had troubles with injuries. Hill especially has had concussion issues. Trautman's size and short area quickness (seriously he had the 3rd highest 3 cone time of any prospect in the combine) is going to be key for both being a safety valve for Brees and as a RZ target. I don't think he'll be a Kittle or a Kelce type TE, but I could see a similar TE to say Witten.

Overall it's insane we got 3 guys in Loomis and Payton's top 40 players. I think it is funny that it's the deepest WR draft in a looong time and we don't leave with a single one. Though with how many teams have taken a WR, you have to imagine one or two falling to UDFA. Bryce Hall would be a CB prospect I'd love to get in Day 3 if we can get a pick, but that's probably a pipe dream. Loomis did say it was going to be a quality over quanitity type draft and I think we've done that. Funny thing is, even with only 3 picks, we could look back at this in a year and have 3 starting players from this draft. Really happy with how the draft played out.

2 hours ago, Canadian Saint said:

Awesome pick. I think TE was a sneaky need for us. Cook and Hill have had troubles with injuries. Hill especially has had concussion issues. Trautman's size and short area quickness (seriously he had the 3rd highest 3 cone time of any prospect in the combine) is going to be key for both being a safety valve for Brees and as a RZ target. I don't think he'll be a Kittle or a Kelce type TE, but I could see a similar TE to say Witten.

Overall it's insane we got 3 guys in Loomis and Payton's top 40 players. I think it is funny that it's the deepest WR draft in a looong time and we don't leave with a single one. Though with how many teams have taken a WR, you have to imagine one or two falling to UDFA. Bryce Hall would be a CB prospect I'd love to get in Day 3 if we can get a pick, but that's probably a pipe dream. Loomis did say it was going to be a quality over quanitity type draft and I think we've done that. Funny thing is, even with only 3 picks, we could look back at this in a year and have 3 starting players from this draft. Really happy with how the draft played out.

I think the Saints went the opposite way to the rest of the league when they picked up Sanders as #2. IMO they only wanted to take a receiver when the value was incredibly good. The UDFAs in this position would have been a third or fourth round pick in other years, which is perfectly sufficient as #3 or #4. We still have Trequan Smith and they are also convinced of the potential of Humphrey and Harris as receivers.

Another cornerback for the outside, who can learn from Jenkins this year and plays in dime packages and I'm very happy.